1 day AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 day AF

No wine in the house - no drinking. I did it for the first time since early January. No help with supps or anything.

I wrote a thread on the Moderation stream, as moderation is sort of my goal, but I realize that AF will have to be my initial goal, as many days as I can possibly do. I couldn't sleep last night, but was in bed for over 9 hours, so must have had some rest that was not alcohol induced!! This sleep thing is not going to be easy!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me that the supps arrive today!!!!
    Peanut

1 day AF

WTG!!! Proud of you!

Don't worry, those days will add up before you know it.

Great job!

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

1 day AF

Great start, Peanut! :goodjob:

The sleep thing is an issue for probably 99% of us when first coming off of the alcohol. Can you purchase some Melatonin, or another over the counter aid to help you unwind? I bought 'Relax and Sleep' made by Jamieson vitamins. Less than 10 bucks and they helped immensely. You can get them cheap if you are near a Walmart. They don't leave you feeling groggy the next morning and give you that extra help to relax enough to fall asleep.

Comment

1 day AF

Peanut,

Great job on day 1. The first step and scariest is done. Now onwards and upwards!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

1 day AF

great job on day 1 .. it does get better in time ..peace and goo luck
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

1 day AF

The first day can be interesting, I found things start to get scary initially - but if it was easy then we wouldn 't have so many people with a drink problem!

Comment

1 day AF

Well done peanut, that's a fantastic achievement! Keep going!
              Nicole

Comment

1 day AF

Keep going Peanut.....

Take it one day at a time. The sleep will come....

You're doing great...

Don

Comment

1 day AF

Peanut - it looks like you and I completed our first day AF on the same day. We can get through today too!

K
                  Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Comment

1 day AF

Peanut,

Excellent! Sleep is usually always a problem while coming off AL. Give it a few days and it will get better and better. Then you will find that you are sleeping through the night and waking up feeling great! No hangover, no remorse, no guilt, no wanting a drink. That may be one of the greatest gifts of being AF. Keep going!
                    Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Working...
                    X