ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

Cow girl, hang in there........be strong you deserve better. I wouldn't take that kind of disrespect from your father in law. I wouldn't cook dinner for them, if they come over I'd go to the movies. He doesn't deserve your attention.
    Take a deep breath, forget out your slip. We all love you here.

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Bessie there is not one time anymore that seeing or being offered a glass of wine doesn't cause a hesitation and a thought. I think first. I'm proud of that. Where as before it was automatic just because it was 5 pm, or a celebration or just because. I've changed a lot since here. I like it

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi all

I just realised that I was AF for more than half of April. I thought about May and what my goal would be, and I like ODAT. Last night I had to attend a function and only had a couple of drinks. Normally, I would be with the wild ones dancing and what ever... Instead I could stand back and feel good about staying in control.

Bessie, I too get nervous around AL and I just want to remain alert to my weakness so that I can deal with each situation as it arises. It can be hard but for me its better than avoiding it completely - I think convents even have the odd bottle or two.

Cowgal, remember ODAT! And love yourself :l

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Day 9

Cowgal, I read on this site that to get healthy, sober, whatever, we first had to get alittle selfish. Be strong for yourself. Love your self. From that position of strength you can be strong for, and love others. We will all supply strength and love to you.

Blessings from Metolius

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Day one is almost over...Its been more like one minute at a time. Can barely sit to type, or read. You all are great...songbird

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Days 1-5

Songbird having just gone through that, once you get to day 5 you will feel relatively great.
              It is worth it! If you have to take it 1 min. at a time, do it. You can do this. I've been drinking heavy for over 30 years. I f I can do it so can you. Drink lots of water (spruce it up with a lemon slice), be as busy as you can, rest as much as you need to. Have someone there to support you if you can. You know we'll all be here for you. ODAT

Blessings will come, They're already here,

Metolius

Comment

Working...
              X