Here Goes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here Goes....

I stumbled upon this place by entering a "How to stop drinking" in Google. Wow. I would like to take the meds, but probably won't because I don't want to go to a Dr and I am always concerned about side effects. But I do think I will take the herbs suggested. Can I get them cheaper at a health food store? And, has anyone listened to the tapes? I am 57 years old, rarely drank throughout my life - I drank, but I usually stopped whenever I wanted to and never really had any big cravings for alcohol. However, that is now starting to change. I have lost my family - 2 sisters and my mother - and started drinking on my "Friday" night. Usually 4,5,6 beers. Well, recently I am finding out that my "Friday" nights are now coming every third night. This is not a good time in my life to become addicted to alcohol. I eat too much as well. I use to run and bike, etc...., wore a Size 8...., now I am up to Size 16. Everything seems out of control. But, the scariest part is the drinking.... I wanna' stop it.:new:

Here Goes....

Welcome GreenBeagle!!!! Stick around and read as much as you can. There are a lot of nice people here. There are many different groups you can just jump on in and join.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Here Goes....

Welcome Greenbeagle
      You will find lots of support and stories that you will identify with. Keep reading, posting and asking your questions....advice will come your way. I do not do meds, but am a huge advocate of vitamins, herbs and tons of water....wishing you success on your journey.
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Here Goes....

Welcome Greenbeagle!
        Glad you found this site. You will find lots of support and advice, no matter what your goals are. I do not take the meds either, just the supplements. I have heard many people say that the Kudzu sold here is the only Kudzu that worked for them.
        There is a great thread just starting in General Discussion "Day 1-30 Hello Sober Living". It for all of us in the early stages; you should check it out!

Ollie

Comment

Here Goes....

:welcome:Green!

It does sneek up any bite you in the rear when you get a little more mature...doesn't it?

This is a good place to start. You will find many here have been through what you are going through in "medicating" the pain of life.

The herbs from here are 1st class.
          The cd's are wonderful!!
          The book is a must do.
          And the people here will become like family to you...

:lNancy
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Here Goes....

WELCOME! This is a great place to be. Just participate where ever you like! Support is everywhere!

Best

25 days Alcohol Free!
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Here Goes....

:welcome:
              You are going to love this program! Take your time to research, ask questions and read here about what supplements to take and where to get them. I wish I would have done that,, to me that was the most confusing part. Read the MWO book first. In hindsight I would have ordered the starter pack from here. I love the cd's, I think they are a key tool.

Read some of the older posts in the holistic healing and medication threads. I also have a big legal pad by my computer and I take lots of notes!!

The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Here Goes....

Greenbeagle ~

I see you have received a lot of good advice already! Nothing to add but :welcome:

We are here for you.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Here Goes....

Welcome, you've come to the right place

Welcome Greenbeagle,

I can relate to your story - my problem drinking started 7 years ago when my Dad died (ironically he died due to cirrhosis...), and in no time I was drinking every night.

You've absolutely come to the right place for help - take on as much as you can of the MWO programme, and come here lots for information and support.

I'm only in the baby-steps phase of beating this problem (2 days alcohol free) but am already starting to feel great because I am in control rather than the alcohol.

Good luck, and look forward to hearing more from you.

Wooflet

Comment

Here Goes....

Thanks everyone.... I feel good about being here already. It also made me feel hopeful all day long because I know I'm not the only one struggling with this.

Comment

Here Goes....

greenbeagle;320412 wrote: I stumbled upon this place by entering a "How to stop drinking" in Google. Wow. I would like to take the meds, but probably won't because I don't want to go to a Dr and I am always concerned about side effects. But I do think I will take the herbs suggested. Can I get them cheaper at a health food store? And, has anyone listened to the tapes? I am 57 years old, rarely drank throughout my life - I drank, but I usually stopped whenever I wanted to and never really had any big cravings for alcohol. However, that is now starting to change. I have lost my family - 2 sisters and my mother - and started drinking on my "Friday" night. Usually 4,5,6 beers. Well, recently I am finding out that my "Friday" nights are now coming every third night. This is not a good time in my life to become addicted to alcohol. I eat too much as well. I use to run and bike, etc...., wore a Size 8...., now I am up to Size 16. Everything seems out of control. But, the scariest part is the drinking.... I wanna' stop it.:new:
                      :welcome: GB :new:

I would get the Kudzu from this site because all Kudzu is not equal. The caps from here work for me. I used to be drawn to the beer isle in the grocery store....a magnetic thing. You can do this. Get back on the bike too. I drank like you...same pattern etc. I feel much better w/o AL and imagine you will too.

Comment

Here Goes....

Hi FB,
                        This is a great site for support and being able to be totally honest. Which is good for your self esteem.
                        Keep posting.
                        Jessie
                        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Working...
                        X