Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday

Morning all.

A GLORIOUS morning here in the east of England. All thoughts of moving away banished! Rural England is the place to be when the weather is good. I was SOOO tired yesterday but after a really good night's sleep, no 5.30am alarm and a cup of tea I am feeling lots better. Am still going to take it easy-ish today though. One of the good things about drinking far less is that I am more aware of my body and patterns of energy as they truly are, not masked by hangovers and I know I need not to use too much energy today as my reserves are low. Away with hubby for a couple of nights tomorrow in a couple of lovely hotels so that should be a wonderful break.

I had two small drinks last night. And that was it. Was easy to stop - I did feel the pull towards another but nothing like as strong as it has been in the past and I was able to beat it back and walk away.

Have a great day all.

Bessie xx

ODAT - Monday

Good morning Bessie and all to come

It is indeed a beautiful morning. Very very tired as had a long day yesterday with a lot of travelling. However, I got through my communtion AF, drank coke and tea all day. Nobody else takes a bit of notice what you are drinking. Even though I am tired its much preferable to being hungover.

Enjoy the bank holiday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good Morning Bessie and Rustop, I've been hovering around for quite some time and finally I have plucked up the courage to jump on to your ODAT thread. I hope that this will my first AF day of many, I'm fed up waking up feeling embarrassed and horrified after having over drunk. I keep telling myself that I won't overdo it but I always do. It looks as if I just can't moderate. Anyway, I'll see how this goes, thanks and have a good day.

Rainbow:new:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good Morning All!
        On my way to the gym early this a.m. 7:00 EST. Two glasses of wine last night but didn't want another and that was great. I'm back to AF days ahead and continuing with the ODAT forum. It's a beautiul day here in the eastern US and after the gym, I'll til my garden finally!!! waaahoooo!!! Planting is next and I'm so excited. Love being outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Happy day to everyone.

Love and Peace
        When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
        -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Morning!

I'm so glad it's a new day. Yesterday was no fun, but that was yesterday. Today is a clean slate and I shall weite good things on it. I did uncork a bottle of wine last night but only had 2 glasses. Maybe because I didn't particularly fancy it. So no hangover, but rather tired and not feeling up to par. But... on my way!

Bessie - yippee a vacation for you!

Rustop - good for you making it through the communion affair

Rainbow - welcome!

Greenhouse - Envious!

Everyone have a great day!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Welcome Rainbow - taking the first step is (one of) the hardest but we're here to help you. Finding people who are just like you helps tons!

Greenhouse - I am so with you! I need to turn out my containers today and refresh the soil. I have a few things to put in and a few things to take out and the weather forecast is clear and nice for most of the week - yippee!

I had a busy busy busy weekend, filled in a lot by my son's excellent turn in a musical production at school. Topped with a cherry by the drama teacher singling him out for his leadership during the months of rehearsals - I cried! The bursting with pride feeling is better than any buzz on earth. If I could capture that in a bottle I'd never desire another drink.

Rustop - so true - no one notices (but others like us! I have had a comment from an acquaintance who had very similar drinking pattern to my own, I told her then that I hadn't had a drink in over two months and I could see the look, she knows she should do it too)

Bessie + Green - great job on the moderating

me - af 76 days and counting........
            The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
            Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hey guys!

I had a busy weekend as well, not AF but not overdoing it either. I think though that I have finally figured "my way out" - my goal has always been moderation and someone wisely wrote on another thread - "what is moderation?" It is different to everyone and you have to determine if it means only one or 2 drinks on the weekends, or only with dinner or whatever that looks like to you personally. So I think for the month of May, whilst remaining AF (or at least DF) I plan to figure out what my moderation plan looks like. As we all know, having a plan makes our lives easier, right?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Welcome Rainbow!
              Love and hugs,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT - Monday

monday

Good morning, Bessie, thanks for starting us again....................sounds like riding weather to me, got on the horses for a few hours yesterday, it was MARVELOUS!!!

Rustop, you sound good this am, enjoy the day!

Rainbow, WELCOME!!! :welcome:Hope you find your own way out! Hope to see you around here often!

Greenhouse, I am jealous too, we have gorgeous weather here ,but I am stuck in an office WITHOUT even a window to daydream at...........enjoy your day!

Greeneyes, you sound like you are doing well

Uni, you sound good too................finding your way is a good feeling, in control...............

Dissapprovingcat....76 day AF!!!! WOW, that deserves an applause!!:goodjob:

Me, I am at day 1 again I guess.....................let myself drink over the marriage problems again...............now he wants to go to counseling AGAIN, didn't help the first time, but it was "church-based" and he is a church HATER, me, I am open-minded to anything that can help us, did all the reading from the workshop, grew from it, he is still in his same low spot and sinking lower it seems....................

No more complaining, sorry I even did that much, STAYING POSITIVE, in the day and in the moment!!!

love you all dearly !!!!:l:h
                MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good Morning everyone!

It's going to be a beautiful day in Virginia...much to do though a lot of it is inside work. Plus I've got an injured (but mending) 7 year of to tend to. She's a champ - full throttle all the time so these things are bound to happen.

Bessie, a down day and a few days away! You sure deserve this break. Enjoy

Cowgal, No worries. You can complain anytime you need to esp b/c this has led to drinking. After a blow up with my husband recently I told him that he could not make me unhappy. Caught him off-guard and did make him think. And really, it is true.

D-Cat, I see you are still AF. I always said I would mod but fear keeps me AF. 76 days is great.

Rainbow, welcome! Tough part over - realizing you have a problem and deciding to take action. Post often, it helps.

Greenie, Rustop, Uni, Greenhouse, you sound well. Enjoy your day, whatever your goals.

Beck
                  Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good Day all, everyone is up and at em bright and early as usual! Still kinda hard for me to fathom the time difference!

Had a really good weekend. Second weekend in a row AF, now that is a new record for me! I've just kind of lost my desire to drink for now. Haven't been in any social situations for awhile and that's the trouble spot for me.

Kept busy all weekend. Took son to Dr (strep throat) and took the boys to a movie (Ironman).
                    Hope to get started in my garden also this week. Waiting for my farmer husband to have time to get the compost worked in for me. I'm also going to turn a flower bed into an herb garden this year, so I could start on that.

Have a great day/evening all!! Bessie I'm glad you're getting a little break!

And rainbow--welcome!!
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

HI everyone. Just a quick hello before I go to work. BIG day today, although they all are big recently. Must be a lot of sick people out there.....
                      As you know I had my son 18th. Managed to moderate. Had 2 glasses but am feeling REALLY guilty about even that. I don't miss it as much as I thought I did but more than anything I've become a cheap date! Never thought I'd say that about myself! Anyway, I can't figure out this internal conflict I have with giving up AL altogether.......I've done 30 days, have only had 2 occassions where I've had wine since then. I'm actually happier not drinking........BUT.............a work in progress. I obviously feel I'm STILL missing out on something.......oh well. Today AF for sure.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Its ME!

Pulling in Late! tummy ache today..swallowed some things not on the diet. HELLO to eveyone who has posted in Bessie's thread.. she prepare's for us daily! No turning back for me as of yet! Nice weather has arrived here in New England also. Must get my :hSS ready for a meeting...toodles..

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good morning. Did a horrible job yesterday and feel like crap this morning. I started drinking at the party after the baptism (would you like a teeny glass of champaign? sure - and another and another? sure!) and kept going until I went to bed. I really wasn?t drunk as it was spaced out, and I didn?t do or say anything embarrassing?but I?m very upset about it today because I feel awful. It wasn?t even fun to do. I just feel like crying...I know better than to do that.

Ok. Enough. I know the drill. Focus on my accomplishments, learn from this, understand I am human, and move forward. Drink lots of water. No Self Pity. As much as I?d love to have a beer today to get over this feeling, it?s water and supplements and forced smiles for me today.

Beck ? what is an ?ot?? [also - thank you for your words back to me in yesterday's thread - I did let the kids out of the closet - probably should have locked myself in instead!]

Cowgal ? sending you happy thoughts. Hope you stay strong and work everything out without AL.

LV ? hope your son feels better soon.

Rainbow ? welcome!

Universal ? I?m with you ? I need to figure out my May plan as well. No Plan = No Chance

Disapproving Cat ? you must have been very proud of your son, what a special moment

Bessie ? wishing you a very easy, well-deserved day, and a lovely get-away with your husband.

Happy day to all to come and anyone I missed. I love this daily thread - it always helps me especially on my dog days :h

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Good for you to put the brakes on!!! Hope to follow in your footsteps! Yes, England is beautiful in the country. Went last year to London, then to Ireland. Was a great time indeed!! Beautiful place. Best of luck AF/Mod!!! I'm shooting for Mod. :goodjob:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Morning all, I'm trying to suck in some of your enthusiam and energy....allergies hit really hard yesterday and this morning my eyes are red, burning coals, and I'm gonna have to give in to the urge and have ...a big shot of.... my inhaler:H
                              The migrating songbirds are passing thru and their singing is just heavenly. You all keep a song in your hearts: me too. :h g.

Comment

Working...
                              X