New to here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to here

:new:Hey every one...new to this, jus wanna say hello and introduce myself..Im cathy and Im in ireland...sober for 8 days...this is my second attempt. I am taking all available help this time..I have always found it difficult to ask for help..still do but this time I want to stay sober...anyway hope to hear from some of you and any advice is so welcome...:thanks:

New to here

Hi Cathy and :welcome:
    You have come to the right place for support,and don't be afraid to ask,there is always someone here whatever time of day!
    Well done on your 8 days AF thats a real start!
    Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Eastx
    In life we can live out our dreams its true
    the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

New to here

hi there cathy welcome read alot and post any all of your qusetion we are hre for you ..
      peace and god bless
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

New to here

Cathy
        Just want to add my welcome....You should feel proud having those 8 days under your belt...good job!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

New to here

Hi Cathy,
          I came here on my day 6 AF. With the support here, I have been very successful this time.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

New to here

Cathy

Welcome and Congrats on 8 days, I'm sure you're starting to feel the benefits of being AF. I'm on day 15 and feel as good as I've felt in a long long time. This is a great site, with many supportive folks. Stick with it, and us, and Blessings and Good Health are on their way. Metolius

Comment

New to here

:welcome: :new: too. You have a lot of support here.

Comment

New to here

Welcome Cathy! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

New to here

Hi Cathy :welcome:

I'm on 8 days too - congratulations to us both!!

I too am bad at asking for help but realised that I can't do this alone, as past experience shows. This forum is the best place for trying out your help-asking skills, as people are so supportive and non-judgemental. Plus with folk from all over the world you're sure to find someone when you need a hand.

Look forward to hearing more about you and to sharing your sobriety with you.

Wooflet

Comment

New to here

Hi Cathy and welcome

Well done on your 8 days, before you know it you will be in double digits. Read and join in, there are lots of threads going at the moment. Lots of us check in each day on ODAT, one day at a time, come join us. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Rustop

Comment

New to here

A big Welcome Cathy67. :goodjob: on your 8 days AF!! I'm glad you found this place. It is amazing and very helpful. Good luck to you! See you around the boards I hope.

Love and Peace
                      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

New to here

Im new here also and it does seem to be a great site, still working my way around the different threads and stories. My thanks to all who have contributed, they have given me strength in the last few days of temptation. Im 12 days AF at the moment, I will post some more in time.

Comment

New to here

:hello2: and :colorwelcome:

Have you read RJ's book yet? It is available here as a download or it can be ordered. Very inspiring. You will receive great advice, support and no judgement here! We are all in this together. You're off to a great start! :goodjob: Look forward to reading and responding to your posts.

:h Best

31 Days Alcohol Free!
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

New to here

Welcome Cathy67 - be proud of your 8 days sober ... many more to come with the help and support here!
                            "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

New to here

Welcome Cathy! 8 days sober is awesome. I'm new also and I have found this site to be so helpful and basically essential in my recovery.

Ollie

Comment

Working...
                              X