Tomorrow Will Be a Difficult Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dear dear friend who is terminally ill is flying off to return home for her final days and i am helping her get to the airport and transporting many of her personal items. And I am later that night picking up her other best friend at the AP as she flys home to find the third member of our clique gone. The one I am picking up at the AP is a favorite drinking but. I already plan to tell her that I have to stop drinking -- which I have not confided to her before. So that will protect me too.

Thanks for being here dear friends. I appreciate your help more than you can know.
    Matt

As I Read My Own Post

I realize that I am putting just too much pressure on myself. I am going to arrange to have another fiend pick up the one who is arriving at the AP Tuesday night. I feel very self conscious about sharing this story because of its overwhelming sadness.

But sharing is therapeutic. I have started to sob which I had not done at all be foe sharing this experience With you. And I probably have taken a very big step at heading off a disastrous drunk. Thanks again,
    Matt

Comment

Matt
      This sounds like an emotionally trying situation. Please, please remember that drinking will not make this situation any less tramatic. I have no words of wisdom or magic wand that can made your sadness any less. I truly wish I did. I can only tell you that we will all be here for you when and if you need us. I know it is hard to share such personal information, but please remember that we want to help in anyway we can. Please accept our support and come back anytime you feel you need it.
      Patti

Comment

Matthen, how very sad. Good for you to arrange for assistance. Perhaps if you are near a health food store you could get some "Bach Flower Rescue Remedy" or some Passion FLower Extract. Remember deep breathing to the lower diaphragm for 2 minutes. Try to drink somethng without caffeine or too much sugar. Don't forget the L-glute and kudzu.
        Wishing you and your friends well.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Matthen...

I think it's fantastic you are recognizing The Beast is stirring inside, and you are taking the steps to put a stop to it......my hat is off to you.

And I agree....you can't do everything....you need some help at the airport. I know this is a difficult time, but you have to keep yourself #1.....in times like these, The Beast is waiting to pounce. Don't allow him to talk you into taking a drink....

Keep posting if you need to....we'll be thinking about you...

Don

Comment

Matten,

Sorry to hear of the difficult time that you are having now and are going to experience further of the next few days and weeks. I think that you recognize that AL will only make everything more painful than what it is already. Make sure you post here and get everyones support. Maybe you can also find another friend that you can call or spend time with when you really start to feel pressured by the situation. Make sure you don't do what I would do...isolate myself and drink.

Take care...

Comment

Matt,

I agree getting it out helps and having someones else go to the AP is a good move. Getting hammered will not change things. The next day will be worse. We both know that

FB

Comment

Be very careful and leave/make an exit if you feel you have to - even if you think you are letting someone down remember drunk you are no good to anyone (well I know I am not!).

Comment

Matt, you are doing the one thing that a lot of us find very difficult to do, and that's asking for help. Well, I know it's hard for me to do. But you're doing it, and that's great!!!!!
                  Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

dear matten,

i know you must be going through a really hard time right now. You are a very good friend to help you friend during her last time here. my heart goes out to you. don't think a second about having someone else pick up your friend at airport. as others have said, you must look out for yourself and sobriety. you are doing the right thing. i commend you.:goodjob:

peace and love,
                    lizzie:h:h
                    peace and love,
                    lizzie:h:h

Comment

Sharing and Thanks

Thank you a million times for your help getting through a horrible day and tomorrow. I have not had a bad craving for AL yet, but I am still feeling the effects of my last binge. I get dangerous when I am feeling "really good".

But what i wanted to report on is the power of sharing all of this with you and the sheer power of all your help and comments. I have read each one of your comments at least two times and there is enough wisdom and good advice to keep me sober so far -- with no intention of picking up a drink. (Of course I never have an "intention" to pick up a drink, I just do it .)

But again I am focusing right now on the power of sharing and the feeling of a warm and genuine human response.. I did go to visit my friend in her hospital room today, and she is at peace and at this moment so am I. I draw strength from your support. At first I was embarrassed to share such an "emotional" story. But after I did, I looked myself in the mirror and said "well, it happens to be the truth --- so what's the reluctance to ask for the help of others". Thanks, tomorrow is another day but for now I feel reinforced by your help and concern.
                      Matt

Comment

Matt
                        I am glad you came here for support. Sometimes the hardest think is relizing that we need to turn to our friends for support. We will always be here when you need somone to lean on.
                        I am so happy that you are staying strong. You are going through alot and it "WILL NOT BE EASY". Remember nothing worth while ever is.
                        Keep reading and posting. It really does help.
                        Patti

Comment

Well Done, Matt....that's why we're here....stay strong and alert of "Beast Thoughts"....

Don

Comment

Working...
                          X