day one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day one!

Amazing how when you are searching for help and guidance the right thing falls into your lap. I am at that point in my life where I finally admitted (openly) I have a problem with alcohol and there is a choice to stay with it and continue a downward spiral and lose everything and everyone who mean the world to me... OR Quit and turn everything around. After finding "my way out" on the net this afternoon and reading some of the testimonials and how frighteningly similiar some of the stories are I began to relate and understand exactly what I need and want to do, it was like someone flipped a switch and you cant believe how optimistic and excited I am to get going on this new life. Today is day one! Hi Everyone.

day one!

Welcome Starting Over. :welcome: I like your attitude.

I felt the same way when I first found this site. Check out the monthly abstainers forum. All are welcome.

Mo.

Comment

day one!

Yes welcome.
      $I too was over the moon to find this site and realise there was a way out. I am now 42 days AF and 43 days NF. If I can do it anyone can. You will find lots of help and support here to get you through the first week or so. Best of luck
      BH

Comment

day one!

Welcome Starting over I wish you well.
        Paula.

Comment

day one!

:welcome: Welcome Starting Over - yeah it is spooky the way we all think that we are the only ones with these problems and then you find a site like this and realise you're not!

Keep posting everyone is so friendly - :welcome: Again!

Comment

day one!

Hi there starting over,
            It's good to have you with us.
            I hope you find what you need.

Comment

day one!

Welcome Starting Over :welcome:

I too was excited to find this site, and am now on day 13 AF. I agree, when we're actually ready to deal with the problem and are searching for answers the right thing falls into our lap.

There are a few threads you might want to participate in - the monthly abstainers one that Mohun mentioned, the "day 1-30 : Hello Sober Living" thread in the general discussion section, the ODAT (one day at a time) thread and more.

Good luck and look forward to getting to know you.

Wooflet

Comment

day one!

HELLO - STARTING OVER

HI

Well I know just how you feel - I'm sick of starting over again - I've been fighting this illness for over ten years now and its just now fun. I do quite well and then go on a binge and the problem is I don't know why. I have terrible withdrawals and the last time I had hallucinations - something not to be recommended.

So this time round I'm now on DAY 11 and I am feeling really good, which again could be a problem because thats when I think that I don't have a problem and just buy a bottle and then the whole thing starts up again. I'm keeping myself isolated which in a way is wrong but it stops me drinking. This site is a godsend because I can write what I'm feeling and hopefully get in touch with people who are like me.

I live in England where there is not a lot of support for alcholics - you're okay apparently if you are on drugs and alcohol but alcohol alone doesn't count. I am helping set up a support meeting on a Wednesday afternoon but that, apart from seeing my ex- occasionally is the only social life I have at the moment.

I live alone and it is difficult - if I drink no-one knows and if I don't drink no-one knows. I just want to get out of the cycle and start to live my life again - how - I don't know - because drink is all around.

Anyway hope to hear from somebody soon and any help/thoughts would be truly appreciated.

Linda

Comment

day one!

Welcome to you Starting Over
                  I think you will get alot of support from this place. It's helped me tremendously.
                  Good luck on your journey.:welcome:
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                  -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

day one!

LindaP;325254 wrote: HI

Well I know just how you feel - I'm sick of starting over again - I've been fighting this illness for over ten years now and its just now fun. I do quite well and then go on a binge and the problem is I don't know why. I have terrible withdrawals and the last time I had hallucinations - something not to be recommended.

So this time round I'm now on DAY 11 and I am feeling really good, which again could be a problem because thats when I think that I don't have a problem and just buy a bottle and then the whole thing starts up again.
                    I'm keeping myself isolated which in a way is wrong but it stops me drinking. This site is a godsend because I can write what I'm feeling and hopefully get in touch with people who are like me.

I live in England where there is not a lot of support for alcholics - you're okay apparently if you are on drugs and alcohol but alcohol alone doesn't count. I am helping set up a support meeting on a Wednesday afternoon but that, apart from seeing my ex- occasionally is the only social life I have at the moment.

I live alone and it is difficult - if I drink no-one knows and if I don't drink no-one knows.
                    I just want to get out of the cycle and start to live my life again - how - I don't know - because drink is all around.

Anyway hope to hear from somebody soon and any help/thoughts would be truly appreciated.

Linda
                    All the above in bold applies to me too. I now realize that I/we are not alone. This site is great and after 30+ days AF I have no desire to ride the roller coaster again. I live alone too and don't want my old friend AL as a house guest.

Comment

day one!

Welcome starting over and Linda!! You've found the right place. I would recommend you also get the MWO book (available to download or buy at the health store here) it is a wonderful start to your new "adventure".
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

day one!

Welcome, I am new, too and after just five days of hanging around reading posts I feel a part of a bigger thing than just me. It is great, you will find strength here.
                        Those who dance are thought mad by those that hear not the music.

Comment

day one!

Thanks for the welcome everyone, man do I feel great this morning...went for a run in the rain, sipping a coffee now and heading for the office soon. I'm really looking forward to receiving and giving support as this lifestyle change progresses. Have a great day!

Comment

day one!

Back Again Myself

Hello Everyone,

I too, have been a member since 8/2007 and have had my struggles with this beast, which brings me back AGAIN. Same story but just another day/month of a roller coaster drunken binge, where I ended up causing a drunken scene, lost a friend of over 20 years and the signature ending is me calling my mother on Mother's Day while being soooo intoxicated. Nice going Janet and here I am again feeling ashamed but because I am so experienced in this madness, I choose to NEVER give up and try, try again. I can't continue to live my life this way, it's just so unhealthy and mentally unbearable :upset: I have to cherish the days when I am AF and think about the madness when I was drinking.

So, today is AF Day 1. It's nice to be back and :welcome: to the newbies....I am so grateful that I found site. Anyone, interested in doing 30 day count with me, could use a support group.

Big hugs,
                            Janet
                            AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

day one!

Hi Janet and Starting over ...... you might want to check out "Check in" thread ... a few of us started our day ones in the last couple of days and we are hanging out together for support. And we are in multiple time zones, so there is always someone in a morning frame of mind when others are in the "get me home and have a drink" mood! Feel free and join us!
                              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                              X