Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Morning all ODATers

End of a particularly crap week. So let's get on with ODAT and keeping it AF or mod whatever we are aiming for. Had a glass of AF white wine on the go last night when hubby came home with the real thing. He poured a glass and I tried it but I preferred the AF taste so stayed with that!! Yay!

Another AF today - that's my aim, ODAT. It's the only way for me.

Lots of love and success and happiness to all to come.

Bessie xx

ODAT - Friday

Hi Bessie and all to come

Just a quick check in. Hanging in there, the grief comes in waves but I guess that's natural. Wont be around at the week-end but back on track on Monday. Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Bessie, Rustop and all yet to come today!

Feeling much better today having gone AF last night - can't believe I slipped back to drinking every night this week (even if only half of what I used to consume!) - just makes you feel so yuk.

Damn cold and miserable here so am forced in doors - have a good Friday everyone.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Ripple is here too! cleaning you know wot! Tired and thats good for a Friday! No drinking for me anytime soon.......have a happy day all.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Time to say goodbye to ODAT??

Now that there is the daily check in thread I am just wondering if we really need the ODAT one too? They are the same in purpose are they not? Somewhere where those of us who need to take our battle/process with alcohol on a daily basis rather than (or in addition to) committing to a set number of days. We're all pulling in the same direction so maybe we can all combine in the daily check in - or even call it Check in/ODAT (?!) just as long as everyone is happy?! As long as I have somewhere to post on a daily thread I don't care what it is called, who starts it or where it really goes (as long as it doesn't get bitchy and I don't think I've ever seen an ODAT thread go that way. Everyone seems very loving and supportive usually). Just as long as it is there and I get to read about how my MWO ODAT chums are! :H:H So, I won't start an ODAT thread tomorrow and maybe we can just all 'meet up' on the check in. The more the merrier I think! Let's party over at their house!!

Bessie xx

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Bessie,

I need the ODAT thread!!! I look for it every morning. Without it, I would be lost.

Without your cheerful and wonderful start to the thread, I too, would be lost.

ODAT forever!!

However, I will do whatever everyone else wants.

Doing ODAT every day this week. Some afternoons have been so difficult!! Between MWO and a late night AA meeting and Antabuse, I have managed to stay AF. Whew!! Usually the battle isnt so tough but this week it has been and I have managed to win.

Hope all attain their goals today whatever they may be AND I am wishing everyone a happy weekend ahead of time because these forums get so quiet during the weekend.

Love to all,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good morning everyone,

Had another good day of AF yesterday so I am back up to number 6. Yippie! Feeling pretty good about some meetings coming up today and then I am going to plant the flower garden. I hope I picked out the right type because it is a shaded area and I don't want them to die. Flowers are so expensive this time of year! No big plans for the weekend other than doing a lot of outside spring work. There are a lot of unfinished little projects to do. I have to admit that AL had a lot to do with that. I would start a great project and then get about 80% done and then start another one. Lack of attention span I guess.

Have a great AF or Mod weekend everyone!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Bessie, I just noticed your second post...

I really look forward to the ODAT thread everyday. It really helps me get myself motivated. And, not to put to much pressure on you, I really like it when you start it out each day!

My Vote is to Keep the Thread!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi everyone!
                  I agree, I too look forward to the ODAT thread! It really is great to just focus on each day! Anyway I don't want to interfere as I am new around here.
                  I've had a pretty awful week. Felt so sad when I read about bear and then felt guilty that I was even struggling with my minute problems. Didn't feel as if I could post then. Craving for AL was every night (still managed the odd day off but not as good as I'd hoped). Couldn't believe I bought vodka last night ... it tasted so foul I chucked it down the sink! I realise I get worse when I just want to blot out the feelings for a while- not a good method though I know.
                  Looking forward to a better weekend. Got an activity afternoon to go to on Sunday which the children will enjoy and other time will be chilling out.
                  Hoping people are having a better time than me..have a good reat of friday all and weekend
                  Eviexx:h
                  Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
                  Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
                  For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
                  "

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Morning Bessie Dear and ODAT Gang

Like Case and Cindi, Mad, Rust and Ripple before me -- I so look forward to getting the good morning hello from Bessie. I love this thread.

Go Case Go -- you and I are both on day 6. Frog is on day 7 and I pvt'ed her to say that if neither of us slip, I can NEVER catch up. But secretly, I want her to win. Florida told us that this is a marathon and everyone who stays in the race, WINS. So case, here we are at the rail, neck to neck ----- and will it be a photo finish. Oh yes, oh yes.

Cindi -- I forgot to tell you and rest of MWO that I did order antabuse from the River Pharmacy -- I'll let you know how it fits in, in my case. What do you think of it?
                    Matt

Comment

ODAT - Friday

ODAT

ODAT

ODAT

ODAT

ODAT

Get the hint?

Have a terrific weekend all!!
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Dear LTV -- message received -- I agree -- my mornings have become coffee and ODAT. If the do get merged, well, OK. But I expect to hear from our dear Bessie tomorrow and the next day, etc.

As an aside, , I think I may be approaching that dangerous point that I think it was Case spoke of. That you feel so on top of it all that it is OK to have just "one". Ugh!! So I have started taking antabuse, that might help keep me up here.

btw LT, thanks for your great, not so subtle, vote for ODAT. Love ya Bessie. You might remember that I once pvt'ed you to say that you and ODAT and you had become an important part of my recovery. Nothing has changed. :upset:
                        Matt

Comment

ODAT - Friday

ODAT!!

I would be lost without it too!!! Let's keep it!!!! PLEASE????!!!!lease:

I am back on my Campral now, I need some help, forgot to take it for a week and I have given in to my cravings EVERY day since then, just noticed the bottle in the med cabinet this AM, and thought, WOW, DUH!! So ODAT, today I am DETERMINED to stay AF, plan to go to 2 AA meetings, hopefully won't drink on the way home.....................??!!

BTW Matt, good on you starting the Antabuse!!

Everyone stay cool, have a GREAT Friday,

love you guys!!!:l:h:l

MA
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Ok ok - let's keep it going then. I like it, you like it and if it helps us all then it is well worth it. I only start it cos I get up first - time zones and all that. I'd look for it being started by someone else if I didn't get there first so long may ODAT continue......

Keep on keeping on every one. We can all get there ODAT.

See you tomorrow!

Bessie xxx

Comment

ODAT - Friday

We love you Bessie!

Comment

Working...
                              X