The Lady Grace Takes Her Final Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So dear MWOers, our Dear Friend Grace passed at 12:30 am Saturday morning. She went in peace surrounded by beloved family. She was in charge till the end and gave instructions that the final funeral song will be Frank Sinatra's "My Way". OMG, did she have style and a sense of humor even till the end.

MWO and Grace are my own personal miracles right now. I am joyful that she shared her life with me and I am sober. Today is day 7. Thank you dear, dear people, thank you.
    Matt

Matthen, I am sorry for your loss, but as you know, she was a remarkable person and it was her chosen time.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Matten,

When my grandfather died, I thought it was going to be the worst day of my life. He was the first person that had ever passed away in our family and at the time I was about 28 years old. To my surprise it became one of the best celebrations that I have ever experienced in my life!

Based on your previous posts, I am feeling that although there is much sadness associated with the passing of Grace, that there will also be much to celebrate and be remembered.

I am happy for you in that you are embracing the experience with a clear mind and an open heart!

Comment

Hi Matt,
        It truly should be a celebration, but that doesn't mean we're not sad at the same time. Sounds like a really cool lady. I'm sure you consider yourself blessed to have known her!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I helped my mom plan her memorial service. What an odd thing to do. I looked at her one day and said "Don't you die on my birthday!" She laughed. But we buried her on that day. So now I get two cakes. I know how sad you feel, I really do. You canget past this.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Matthen
            I am sorry for your loss, just know you will have wonderful memories of a beautiful person.....Congratulations on day 7......pretty soon double digits!
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Matthen,

Grace is such a beautiful name and she sounds like a spectacular person. I am sorry for you loss and hope time passes quickly to help ease the grief. BTW, my favorite perfume is Grace from Philosophy. Check it out the next time you are @ a Philosophy counter or Sephora.

Comment

Matthen,
                I am so sorry that you lost your beloved friend. She wasn't called Grace for nothing, she must have been a Lady of great poise and substance.
                Hugs, Lori
                *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss. She must have been very special.

Comment

I am so very sorry for your loss! I did not know her, but my heart goes out to those she left behind

But for the grace of God and MWO I am now on day 8 and feeling free!

Blessings,

Frogz~
                    FROGZ~

Comment

Matt
                      I know she was a very special person to you and you to her. You should be proud of yourself over the past week. You have managed to handle a stressful and sad situation AF. We all are here for you, but I know that you are committed to moving forward and stay AF. Please let us know if we can help. May god bless Grace, her family and friends.
                      Patti

Comment

Matt,

So sorry for your loss. Remember to treat yourself as well as you treat your friends...

Beck
                        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss yet inspired...
                          Tiny

Comment

She knew why she had to go home. I know you miss her Matt.

Comment

Matt,

I am so sorry for your loss. She really sounds like she was a remarkable human being. Thank you for sharing your story about her. I feel like her spirit is an inspiration to us all here as well. What a wonderful attitude to have.

I am so glad you are commiting to your sobriety. You are a very strong person.

Love, Me
                              :l
                              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X