Sunday is SAD DAY too me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

I have hated Sundays all my life! Maybe it is because I was raised an only child,by my Granparents (My siblings were raised by my Mom).Every Sunday was the same ................get up early watch them read the paper go for a Sunday drive have roasted beef for dinner watch Ed Sullivan eat vanillia ice cream with choc. sauce go to bed early It was clockwork and I hated it.WAY to predictable for me.Them when I grew up it was Sunday hangovers (the worst) Looking back maybe that is why I became a Minister . I would always be very busy on sundays.I hope my intentions where better than that but who knows?????I do not feel at all like drinking but I feel overwhelming saddness today.Monday is only about 15hrs. and 15 mins. away,Hurrahhhhh Love you ALL EVIE
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

Me too Evie
    love cap

Comment

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

I used to hate Sundays because we didn't do the family roast thing - often where out doing something, walking, cycling, running etc.

As an adult I competed or trained hard on a Sunday - then it became a drinking day, and then as I spent more time living on my own, no children, never married in unstable relationships I resented those who had that 'family' day.

Recently being self-employed I take whatever time I need during the week for myself, a nice meal or family - being sober enhances this all the time. For me I think it's old-fashioned and very narrow to have the restrictions/expectations we place on this one day. Why not think about each other and take time every day?

I feel the same about Christmas as well as other days such as Rememberance Sunday etc. Why just think for one day, often because we are told to!

Comment

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

OH NO! no sadness today..please. lets be happy. anyone want a kitten shipped to them! come on over for dinner or something? Ripple is here..love to all and please smile today.

:tonguemonkey:
        :biglaughmonkey:
        :laughmonkey:

Comment

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

Thanks so much !!!!!!I did giggle A LITTLE BIT

Comment

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

GOOD~! aren't them little monkeys cute? love the tongue action!

Comment

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

Where is a good man when you need one??? Now I am laughing out loud Thanks for playing with me!!! Only children need play mates . Want to come over and play with Barbie dolls? I would sneek in my closet on Sundays and Dress them up by myself.I must of had a dz. or more!!SAD that toys do not make up for a Mom and DAD.

Comment

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

Those Monkeys reminded me of the Movie GEORGE of the JUNGLE,,,,,,GEORGE....GEORGE....GEORGE....of the JUNGLE.I think I will go put that Movie on!Who can stay sad with FRTENDS like you all?????

Comment

Sunday is SAD DAY too me

WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!!!!!!

Just love the film!

Comment

Working...
                  X