Impatient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impatient?

God it just seems so hard. I was AF last night and plan to be tonight, so I have had 4 AF days this month. I started reading The Addictive Personality by Craig Nakken and geez it's depressing; makes me feel even more stuck in the quagmire. I am also trying to stick to "somewhat" of a schedule with the CDs but it is a struggle to get thru them.

Comment

Impatient?

If the book is depressing to you I would suggest that you don't read it! Fill your mind with positive thoughts, stay tough, and be stubborn about kicking AL's butt!

Comment

Impatient?

what caseaday said!

Comment

Impatient?

to CS04:

I've read every book about this %$#@ disease in the English language, and almost all are a downer except for one that really spoke to me, and to others here as well:
          Allan Carr's "The Easy Way to Quit Drinking." His take is- we look at quitting as a drag, giving up a friend,' our 'help,' but in fact the opposite is true. Quitting should be joyful, a celebration...anyway, he says it better. Really worth picking up, as it turns how we're feeling
          about quitting on its head, from 'giving something up' to getting a huge bunch of relief and pleasure. It truly is a mind thing.

Comment

Impatient?

I agree, Carr's book was the best I've read and enabled my positive thinking about quitting. The MYO book and website info gave me hope, the reading and posting gave me support, and Carr gave me positive thinking. That combo enabled my success.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Impatient?

I think I've heard of that one before, but haven't read it. Just came fom the library tonight; will have to put in a request for it. I need some positive thoughts because I can't drag thru day by day like this. Actually I'm feeling pretty good right now (AF day 2, so day 5 or 6 for the month overall, not consecutive though). Thanks for the suggestions and good spirits.

Comment

Impatient?

i've been drinking for about 5 years now and it really is affecting me. i've tried on many occasions to quit but i always go back to it. i'm unable to function on work. my wife and i are separated and i am away from my daughter. my parents and family relationships are twarted. even my friends find that i overdoing alcohol. i drink practically everyday

Comment

Impatient?

thriseeker...

Start a thread and tell your story...

Comment

Working...
                  X