Just needed to say ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just needed to say ...

It is wonderfully liberating to not disguise my drinking problem ... here it is an accepted truth and there is no place to hide ... we are all here for the same reason ?

Thank You.

J x
    sigpic

Just needed to say ...

Congrats!!!

We are all glad you are here!!! :welcome:

Much love thank you for your kind PM.
    peace and love,
    lizzie:h:h

Comment

Just needed to say ...

:wingsitto!

J x
      sigpic

Comment

Just needed to say ...

There is a lot to be said about interacting with people who "get it" As long as you are trying to help yourself you will always find help here.

Comment

Just needed to say ...

Hi J,

I totally agree.

Not many of my friends or family really understand why I just can't stop at 1 or 2.

Mind you, many of these people struggle to moderate themselves.

It is really nice to be in a place where you are not judged.

This place has and will continue to change my life for many years to come.

Brett.

Comment

Just needed to say ...

Welcome jajoly

Yes it has made all the difference to me to find this site and the wonderful people on it, and I'm sure it will rock your world too.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Wooflet x

Comment

Just needed to say ...

MWO is like a big comfy couch, with a cup of hot chocolate and a bunch of friends who know exactly when to listen, advise or just be there... !

Comment

Just needed to say ...

I agree with all -- I am still have trouble getting it together but continue to be inspired by everyone!
                Tiny

Comment

Just needed to say ...

This is a place where we can all be who we are; with no harsh judgements, and no one to kick you when you feel down. Enjoy all this place has to offer!

Comment

Just needed to say ...

JJ: I was a master of disguise (though I'm sure people knew I wasn't "quite right"). Yes, it's so great that now my insides match my outside. I don't want to go through life living a lie (which is exactly what I was doing). I was mainly a solitary drinker...not a great strategy if I want authenticity in my life. Thanks so much for the reminder of why I'm staying sober today. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Just needed to say ...

Hey Jajoly

You'd better come by and post often -- we need more of that kind of wisdom:goodjob:.
                      Matt

Comment

Just needed to say ...

fresh-start-at-36;329545 wrote: Hi J,

I totally agree.

Not many of my friends or family really understand why I just can't stop at 1 or 2.

Mind you, many of these people struggle to moderate themselves

It is really nice to be in a place where you are not judged.

This place has and will continue to change my life for many years to come.

Brett.
                        That is what makes it makes it so hard to admit that you/me/we have issues with AL. I NEVER have been able to moderate.

Comment

Working...
                        X