Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

taking a new step towards a new horizon .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:welcome: well people ....to tell you ! its just been ,not more than half an hour since i explored MWO...but the kind of responce, i have recieved is overwhelming and simply full of optimism ! i am starting this new thread...for freshers like me , who have now decided to remain AF and to fight against this cruel devil which has caused us so much of realized or unrealized harm .this thread is especially for all those new volunteers, who want to start a new begining towards a new brighter life n for all those who hv realize even for once how much they would have achieve without 'that drink' ! come let's join hand and take a new step towards a AF life , soul and world ......i request u to , post all your experiences here ,all those who are willing to go thru this phase of a new life and all senior members who hd been thru all this and all past members who have achieved success in their endevour ! LETS DO IT .... TOGETHER ...........AND ....:yes2:.WE WILL !

:welcome: You have a great attitude. We need a tough :chick: to :b&d: around here.

Comment

to begin with mine ......i had my first drink, in medical school (yes ppl ....i am a medical professional).....kept on drinking on and off on social gatheringsthen !but ,it all started during my boards time ! i had prepared well for them, but somehow didnt get the results as expected in the end ! i remember drinking to binge that day ....went home and just was out till next afternoon ! life was depressing for the next few days as i hd always been a brilliant student not only during my medical school but also before that ! had always good grades in school n to be a doc was a passion for me ! so life was never the same after this FIRST failure ! the subsequent matching time was even worse , since i didnt got the med school of my choice (did managed to get my choice of branch though)...but by that time , the damage has been done....i kept on drinking for all those 6-7 mnths on a daily basis...and continue that even futher during my trainig days..... on my way back home frm work and more so on my 'off' days ! life has come a long way since then....but i am not been able to let this devil away from me ...so many of my dreams have vanished , i have started loosing intrest in my work, n seems accquire that adjustment feeling to all my failures...with out even making even a so called futile attempt for win those ! i have turned to so called the 'luck n destiny ' thing in life without even trying the minimum required ......i know we all have same stories .....we all have started out this or the other way ...but then , its never late ! i have decided to call this off forever as i want to see the world as it looks at the dawn , frsh and beautiful , pure as a new born soul...and without thinking myself that i did it again last night .....

Comment

thanks a lot florida boy .....a request it's only about togetherness, with which we can fight this thing out of our life ! and we know we are now determined to do it ! so hang on ....till we are victorious !

Comment

Hi Mitz,
          :welcome:
          Your energy and motivation is infectious - I normally start feeling very iffy at this time of the evening, start thinking about how I would love a drink but I know I can't and reading all of these posts is making me feel much better.
          I know what you mean about losing interest in a career. I am findng it very hard to be motivated about mine at the moment, I feel like I have worked really hard for very little.
          I too feel like I have let many of my dreams pass away and a lot of it has been to do with drinking too much but no more thinking about the past and what could have been, there is only today and the future. A lot of people say that things happen to us for a reason and I think my own experiences over the last 7/8 years in particular have made me a very different person from many of my friends and family members but I think in the long run it has also made me much stronger, has made me find out who my true friends are and also has helped me to empathise with others.
          So best wishes and good luck to all.
          Bandit
          There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Hi Mitz

Yes Mitz, we already have just joined hands with you, all of us. And we won't let go.

I am on day 12, and am trying antabuse (with approval of my Dr. and it is a BIG incentive to stay sober. Very Big, once having had a beer while taking it. Ugh, but that's another story.

You asked for our stories and I will give you the highlights. Come from alcoholic family, had my first drink at 14 and all I wanted was another one. By college I was getting hammered 4 times a week. Next in the Army, it was 5 time a week. Then got a white collar job and kept it down to weekends and maybe once during the week. Quit for five years. Diagnosed with ADHD, depression , etc. Thought I was now safe behind Prozac and started up drinking again. WRONG!!! I retired and proceeded to drink myself to death. Now so sick of it, joined AA, psychologist and so on.

Just recently found MWO and for me it seems to be working. 12 days for me is astronomical (lots of slips before I got this far).

Wonderful place here and we all care about you and want to hear from you over and over again. No such thing as too much information here. Looking forward to continuing to hold your hand and remember, my hand needs holding just as badly, if not more so. We need you as much as you need us. Warm regards,
            Matt

Comment

Mitz, can relate more than you know. Tried to send you an email but you do not have that open.

Comment

As well Mitz, my therapist had me purchase the Big Book, AA on amazon.com. There is a story in there entitled physican heal thy self about a physican who was basically a functional alcoholic. He stated at the height of his drinking was his most sucessful year in practice but her was struggling with this demon.

Comment

hi pals .....thank you ....bandit ,matt n kat .....for all your valuable help ! but , i did it again today guys ! gulped 2 beers and a vodka shot ......feeling very down about it now ! i had promised myself to begin it from today , so that i can count myself on day 2...but failed ! can give a plenty of excuses why i did it even when i hd promise to keep it out of my life, but thats worthless......i have to give it up ppl.... i am just too tired of this ! plz stay with me ! need u all !!!!!

Comment

Not to worry Mitz --- we are with you through thick and thin. We care for you whether you are drunk, sober, sad, happy or hungover. We care for you because we are in the same boat. Just that some are dry 1 day and the lucky ones are dry 2 or even more sometimes.

And don't beat yourself up. It just gets in the way of your ability to focus on what you want in life. God bless, better days ahead. :welcome:
                    Matt

Comment

mitz;331381 wrote: hi pals .....thank you ....bandit ,matt n kat .....for all your valuable help ! but , i did it again today guys ! gulped 2 beers and a vodka shot ......feeling very down about it now ! i had promised myself to begin it from today , so that i can count myself on day 2...but failed ! can give a plenty of excuses why i did it even when i hd promise to keep it out of my life, but thats worthless......i have to give it up ppl.... i am just too tired of this ! plz stay with me ! need u all !!!!!
                      Mitz,

I stopped AL because I wanted my life back, which is pretty darn good w/o AL,

...and I am tired of hangovers. Reading posts here made me realize that I was not alone and that really helped. You can do it too.

FB

Comment

Working...
                      X