I'm new too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new too

Day #2. It seems so easy early in the morning.

I just got back some blood test results on Saturday and my liver enzymes were sky high. I have always wondered what my liver must look like after drinking lots of wine for over 40 years. Anyway, it was unassailable proof that my drinking is going to truly impact my health in the future.

So all my thoughts about quitting were solidified, in fact I had come across this program a week before and had already ordered the book. So here I go. Won't have the acutal program for a week or so, but I'm going AF immediately.

I remember when my kids were in 2nd and 4th grades, the school did an alcohol education class for them. My kids did not check beer and wine as being alcohol - more like coke or milk. Ooooh boy!

Having actual proof (the blood tests) will make this a little easier, I think. It has been so hard to quit in the past because it was so fun to drink and it didn't really impact my life in any bad ways, other that the occasional fight with my husband. I could live with that so easy, but now I have been wondering what in the world I am doing....My health is very important to me at this point in my life. I'll be 61 next week, and would like to be around to meet my grandchildren some day.

I think for anyone trying to stop or decrease alcohol it might be helpful to educate yourself about what it does to your liver.

On to day 3......

Judy

I'm new too

Good for you!!! and welcome to MWO.
    I joined ARCA that is a part of SMART.ORG
    I started a combination of Naltrexone, Campral and Zofran along with a two day crash course that was offered thru ARCA. It became so much easier to do this program of being A/F.
    Anyway... you're in a great place with friends. We've all been and are where you are at.
    Stay in touch.
    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

I'm new too

Hello and :welcome:

Glad to see you here.

Well, for some it is not so easy in the morning. Wtching hours and patterns are different for everyone. You are about to see all kinds of AL things here. And receive all kinds of non-judgemental support. Best wishes to you in your journey.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I'm new too

I know

By "easy" I mean it's seems so possible to quit. But, ususally by noon I am questioning whether I "really" need to quit, by 2:00 I am grumping around the house - then it's a constant battle until I go to bed (and take a sleeping pill) I think I will to to the store and get some L-glutamine and see if it helps. As I said, on to day three......

Comment

I'm new too

Hi Hiker :welcome:to MWO ..........

Yes you will come across many different people here but all very supportive ....

The L-glut from MWO is particularly good, I can recommend it .......

All the best in your journey .....

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

I'm new too

Hey Hiker,
            Welcome from me too!!
            Glad to see you have ordered the book. Great to hear that you are really committed to going AF. Yep I have read some pretty alarming stuff about the liver lately. It suffers in silence, therefore you don't always know if you are damaging it. Frightening.
            Good for you. Use this site, its info and support as much as you can.
            x
            Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

I'm new too

welcome and good luk trying this

Comment

Working...
              X