Husband is angry about wanting to quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiri - I am so heartened to read your thread/post (whatever we are meant to call it). Bless and go on and on and up and up!! My question to myself and I guess to others is: 'why is it so easy to drink' yet so hard to face the consequences and THEN turn around and drink again??
    sigpic

:h:h:h

Comment

I think Alkies have a very short memory.I know that I did.Finally something SNAPPED and I relized how stupid it was to continue to do the same thing and expect different results.....It was just plain DUMB!!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I know what you are saying, ownbestfriend!

There were many things I had done over the last few years when AL became a problem. It didn't stop me long enough to quit. So stupid! An addiction, is an addiction, is an addiction. Alcohol also takes away the bad feelings we have associated with the stupid stuff we did as well. It did for me anyway.

In the long run it only made it worse. I know I became more dependent on alcohol while continuing to run away from my problems. I had to quit for many reasons, but ultimately, I was sick of running!

Hang in there and keep on trying!

Comment

:welcome: Margaritaville! Sorry for hijacking your thread. Glad you are here with us.

You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself and your family! Setting a good example for your kid is awesome.

Comment

Working...
          X