It Happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Happened...

Last night ... it happened ... I finally did not listen to that voice that wanted wine. I joined in May and have found every excuse to keep moderating and as a result I have put on weight and drank more!!! I contemplated rehab early on and received great advice from all here -- I chose NOT to go because the place I found was 12 step based. So, instead, I found a trainer ( went for the first time last night, got topa, have the book and joined South Beach online)

As I have been preparing for my overhaul I kept making the excuse that tomorrow will start or Monday or after my birthday BUT last night driving home from my trainer I said I am not buyng wine ... so here goes folks!!!!! 5/28 is my start date!!!!!!
    Tiny

It Happened...

Good for you Tiny. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

It Happened...

Tiny,

That first step is a doozy and you took it!!

Hang in there and stay close if you need support. We will be here.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

It Happened...

Mary & Cindi -- I read both of your posts religiously thanks so much for the support!!!!
        Tiny

Comment

It Happened...

welcome great idea working out with a trainer.I have found getting back into my physical fitness a big help mentally and physically.Helps you sleep which is a problem at the start.

Stay Healthy
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

It Happened...

Good for you, Tiny!! I'll be cheering for you! :yougo:
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

It Happened...

Great job...good luck!!

Comment

It Happened...

great!

Great for you, last night was my day of surrender, so we are both starting day 2, way to go Tiny!!!!! Congratulations!!!!:thumbs::happy::wave::banana::y ougo:

lots of love,:l

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

It Happened...

Congradulations TINY!!! A great step! You'll be so happy you made it.

The first week may be tough, so stick close to us and post anytime you need to. Pm me anytime if you need someone to talk to.

Getting a trainer is an excellent idea. I found exercise was one of the best ways for me to get off the booze. After I work out, I feel so healthy I don't want to drink at all. Now I get high on exercise instead of alcohol.

Good luck. Keep us close. We're here for you.
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

It Happened...

oh the support from everyone is GREAT!!!! I am glad that I started t exercise because I am focused on my thighs that are in pain instead of vino...
                    Tiny

Comment

It Happened...

Great to hear the news Tiny. In reading your posts over the past couple of weeks I know that it was a big milestone. You will find a lot of support here for you!

Comment

It Happened...

Caseaday -- a went down hill before I could go up... I'm not sure if you remember my party hat but it was on for a while...
                        Tiny

Comment

It Happened...

Congrats Tiny......you just became a Great Dane !!! LOL !
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

It Happened...

Right On!
                            "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

It Happened...

Tiny, good for you! I started back exercising too, and it sure makes a difference! You feel so good, you don't want to feel bad again, plus, you know if you overindulge, you won't make it to the trainers again! I said on another thread, that I'm not thinking about "not drinking", (I've been mod'ing too, but it always comes back to bite me in the butt)....that I'm focusing on loosing this winter flab, and yes, wine packs it on too, so I'm on a diet, and AL isn't on my diet! So that takes the focus off the wine too, I mean if you are dieting, and you cave, and eat a carton of Blue Bell ice cream, that doesn't work out too well! Good luck and stay close to us, we're all traveling the same path! I'm so proud for you!
                              "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Working...
                              X