It Happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Happened...

GREAT NEWS!!!!I found btne extra weight is falling of without the empty AL calories.You will be surprised at how quickly you look better, I was!!!!You can do this.EVIE
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

It Happened...

Thanks everyone for the great support -- I feel so great today... I see my trainer again tonight ... so it's two night s week with him and then he'll give me some work to do on my own... I look forward to getting more involved here! What a great crew!
      Tiny

Comment

It Happened...

hey Tiny - well done girl... will be good to see more of you here... i have had a busy few days so not spent much time on the site but will be here more for sure.
        THANKS for inspiring with your commitment to your excercise...i am going to pump my tyres on my mountain bike and dust off the cobwebs, hurts just thinking about trying to get up a hill, but if i can get AF days under my belt ANYTHING is possible...
        will let you know how it goes at least my fingers will still type even if the rest of me doesnt move much after my first few cycles
        love this site and all of you here
        cedar
        x

Comment

It Happened...

Great Job, Tiny!!!

Don

Comment

It Happened...

Tiny

I have been on the same boat. Bought everything, except the book, kept drinking.

I started taking my vitamins and supplements this morning.

So, 5/29 will be my start date. Although the voice in my head will fight me I am sure. I used to be a size 4 now I am a 10. I used to be beautiful and vibrant. Now I am angry and resentful.

Today, Tiny I am totally in this with you. I don't have a personal trainer, but I do have a Nordic Track Elliptical. I shall jump on it now.

Just keep training!

Lauren

Comment

It Happened...

Lauren -- glad we can be buddies!!!!!!! I too was a size 4 and now am a 12!!!!! The trainer came out of desperation! YAY!!!!! We can work together!!!!
              Tiny

Comment

It Happened...

Good for you Tiny and Lauren!

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

It Happened...

Tiny, the weight and your fitness should improve dramatically without the AL. Do remember the AA saying though, "first things first". I used to boot camp myself then would relapse dramatically. Concentrate on staying sober, then the fitness/weight thing will come in time - without sobriety you cannot do anything.

Comment

It Happened...

UK Blonde know that you are now my "Coach" I will keep your good advice in mind!
                    Thank you!
                    Tiny

Comment

It Happened...

Well I am in so much pain today from the squats I did on Tuesday... looking back it has been the past year where slowly I lost myself. Now I look in the mirror and see a blotchy face ... I am determined to turn it around...

I have learned from so many here -- I log on each day to see what Mary, FMF, AFM, Don, Bettie, Beatle, Cindi , Wonderworld and so many others have to say -- I read your stories and learn.

I am preparing for my first AF weekend ... I am ready!!!!!!
                      Tiny

Comment

It Happened...

Squats are HOT! I love them and was training legs this morning..........way to go Tiny.

Comment

It Happened...

That's fantastic, Tiny!

Good luck with everything. Stay connected!

Namaste,

MM
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

It Happened...

Exerise gives me a high that I miss from Beer.The lbs. are falling off me with out AL.I am in my skinny jeans already.It is AMAZING.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!!EVIE
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

It Happened...

UKB, MM & Evie -- thanks for the words of encouragement -- I am in pain b/c was a slacker for the past year! There is hope! Good on you Evie that the pounds are falling off!

UKB & MM I adore you both!
                              Tiny

Comment

It Happened...

I found working out to be a big key to my success.I am13 day's af and now my thoughts are about my physical fitness and tennis and less and less about drinking.I am also around people who are living a healthy life style . going to the bar is not part of their life. With and af life style i feel so much better.That 1 step is the hardest but just as people told me it would get easier and it has. thanks all lets keep winning the fight

Stay Healthy
                                Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                                AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
                                X