It Happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Happened...

I agree, getting physical helps immensely with sticking to an AF lifestyle. Why work so hard, start looking and feeling great just to sabotage the wonderful effects?

When I stopped drinking & smoking, I decided to start incorporating some exercise into my life. I have an elliptical trainer at home, and after months of it sitting there making a better clothes rack than what it is intended for, I decided to hop on it. LOL - I almost choked over and died after 5 minutes. But, it was 5 minutes. :H I can walk for miles, but everything else almost killed me.

I am now doing about 20+ minutes every couple of days. Or if I am completely lazy, I will just hop on for 5 minutes here and 5 there.

I also find now that I have more time on my hands not drinking, I am up and about more anyway. It take stairs now when I have the option, go the park on weekends with my little one. Walk around the malls with my eldest.... you know, you naturally start to get moving. I started to take walks after dinner with the kiddies. Life is gooood!

The couch and a bottle no longer calls out my name. Setting small goals for yourself make a world of difference. At least that is what I am finding these days.

Comment

Working...
    X