Hold me up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold me up!

Doggy and cmhguy, thank you thank you thank you for the suggestions. They are very helpful! Bringing the Pellegrino is a great idea - I LOVE sparkling water with lemon or lime. I am so glad I found this website. Tomorrow is Day 3 for me. Tonight I was VERY tempted but ordered iced tea at dinner and came home and poured Perrier into a wine glass. Here's hoping for a great weekend.... I'm glad to be making supportive friends...WE can all do this..
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Hold me up!

I made it!

Thanks, thanks and thanks to everyone. I was losing my resolve (thinking that only one night wouldn't matter) as the day went on, but before I went to the airport I logged on and found all your great gifts of support. I dropped my husband off and kept thinking of the 'No, no, no, no". I thought about my liver being 5 days alcohol free, feeling more alert and I didn't want to miss my 5th birthday party - especially if I had guests waiting for me! So..... I did one better.... I stopped at a dinner party that a group of my friends were at (which I had previously declined). It was at a nearby Tavern/Bistro and I walked in and ordered a Hot Chocolate! It was the yummiest thing I have had in ages - I NEVER order hot chocolate because of the 'calories' but why is it that I didn't worry about the calories in the wine?
      Anyway, it is now 11.30pm - I called my husband at the airport (who is just about to take off) and told him what I had done.
      I can't thank you all enough - I hope you have a good weekend Spirit Girl - practice saying 'No, thankyou" - you will be so proud of yourself.
      DG - I am looking forward to your 10th party tomorrow - I am going now to choose my party dress!
      I will also be around a lot this weekend - and once again 'I DID IT THANKS TO YOU ALL"
      Nicky

Comment

Hold me up!

Hey, Doggiegirl. I'd love to come to your Day 10 party, it will be Day 20 for me. I'll be at the coast and hope I can connect to the internet. Congratulations to everyone hanging in there!

Comment

Hold me up!

Hot CoCo YUM YUM........Better than any Booze!!!!!
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
          X