Bloated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloated?

Here I go - Day 1 AF - again. I am trying to focus on all the things that I have to look forward to being alcohol free. I have subscribed to a couple of threads that list the good things that people have experienced when they quit drinking. It is encouraging. One thing I notice is that I am bloated - ALOT. Even in my hands. Especially in my stoamch. Could this be alcohol related? If so, it just gives me one more thing to look forward to... Has anyone else experienced this?
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Bloated?

I have noticed that too. I am always bloated, especially in my stomach. Probably from all the empty calories consumed from the alcohol. I feel fat and gross all the time, and crappy and tired. Is there anything to like about alcohol??

Comment

Bloated?

I WAS BLOTED FOR AWHILE MYSELF...IT WILL PASS ! HA!
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Bloated?

Hey, that looks just like me!!!!

Comment

Bloated?

Congrats on Day 1 there Spiritgirl!!

When I started my frist round of AF last July, I was seriously bloated, and especially my left ankle was sort of like a tree stump. It took a few weeks, but improved steadily - I can only assume due to one, more than one, or all of these things that changed:

1) Taking all the supplements recommended in the book.
          2) Not drinking alcohol.
          3) Eliminating sugar and other high carb foods

As I have fallen off the wagon and climbed on a few times since that first 60 days AF, I have noticed the swelling increase / decrease. (although it's not gotten as bad as it was before I went AF last July)

I think the bloatiness has gotten even better this time around with the addition of serious exercise.

On the belly bloat - I've heard / read that stress can affect that. (it's a hormonal response) B vitamins help combat the stress reactions. I'm no expert though...But I do take B-vitamins as recommended here. I have other hormone issues that contribute to the mid section fat that are not AL related too. But AL hasn't helped me any that's for sure.

I also had a sore left foot - it felt like a bone was cracked in there or something. After changing the things mentioned above, and getting a new pair of gym shoes, that went away too.

I think good nutrition (and no to minimal bad shit) going in, along with exercise is working for me. Another GREAT reason not to drink.

I'm 50, so I think my body is telling me it's had ENOUGH POISON ALREADY!!!

Don't know if any of that babble helps or not......

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Bloated?

Oh yes the bloating is not fun... O am on day 6 and am still bloated ... nice photo IAD!
            Tiny

Comment

Bloated?

:welcome: Spirt

Hang tough and you will feel better each day you ar AF. The bloating will go away.

Comment

Bloated?

Yes - I had alot of bloating problems, before I tried going AF. And, really sore stomach. I feared I was getting gastritis from all the wine. But it all went away after that first week AF. I drank some in May and was alright, so getting away from the daily litre of wine I think definitely helped in the old digestive tract health!!!
                My two cents!
                Peanut

Comment

Bloated?

Bloat city

I have been bloated also but as I mentioned, have improved greatly with alcohol and every day is getting better. I am screwing up some but I am taking a different approach mentally, excercising regularly, eating very healthy and nuturing myself. Just from entering everything I eat/drink, my excercise etc on thedailyplate.com , I have lost 6 pounds. I am sure the excercise is helping.

I agree that excercise is major and starts a chain reaction of wanting to eat well and not wanting to drink.

It can only get better and better.

__________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Bloated?

Oh I forgot

I bought the l-glut powder today. Also bought some Milk Thistle and a few supps I wanted like CLA and Chromium Picolinate (sp).

Will start dilligently tomorrow with these supps and more that I have neglected.
                    __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Bloated?

nowandzed -- good news on losing 6 pounds!
                      Tiny

Comment

Bloated?

Wow - then its not just me! Thank you to all the advice and sharing your experience. I have yet to take any of the supplements, or start exercising. I called a yoga studio today and will start this month. It's been hard to exercise with a hangover, or the guilt and depression AL causes. I just haven't wanted to do anything "good" for me. Yay! Another thing to look forward to. Does anyone know if i can buy the Kudzu at a health food store?
                        God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Working...
                        X