Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One Again

Greetings to everybody!

After a two-month long relapse, I have been able to refrain from drinking today. What a relief!

When I began drinking two months ago, after that detox in the Oregon Trappist monastery ( I gave in to the urge to drink, after an exhausting 7 hour drive to the Olympic Peninsula for a short family vacation in Port Angeles),, I was able to drink only 5 beers a day. That was a great improvement over the usual 10 that I consumed on a daily basis. I thought that maybe kudzu was the reason. The real reason was that I was in early relapse. After a few weeks, I was drinking my 10 beers a day again.

Consequently, I am convinced that moderate drinking is not an option for me.
    I will be relying more heavily on the hypnotherapy tapes in my recovery process, although I will have to purchase a few different tapes aimed at the abstainer, instead of the moderation drinker.

wishing all of you success,

francophone

Day One Again

Francophone,

:welcome: back!!

Yes, been there done that. I think many of us had to "prove" to ourselves that moderation is not an option for us.

For others it works. I guess there are differences in the causes and brain chemistry that makes it okay for some and not okay for others.

Whatever.

I, too, have to stay AF. No modder here.

Glad you are back and starting fresh.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day One Again

Hi Franco--even one day is a big deal--I would know. I can drink a lot and am not totally AF yet, but doing better for the most part. It was better when I was AF for 20 days. Hang in there--even if you drink again, try AF again. It may be a long process. And you have support and friends here. --Sheri

Comment

Day One Again

Hi francophone and welcome back. I raise my hand as another who apparently needed to learn the ugly way that moderation is not an option for me. You lasted several days longer than I did before getting RIGHT back to your previous levels. For me, that only took about 2 or 3 days, and I stupidly tested the theory more than once.

This time needs to be it for me - sounds like you are in a similar place. Congratulations on day 1!! In so many ways, the hardest part is getting started again. (at least it was that way for me too)

If you are into a 30 Day AF challenge, feel free to join us on the Booze Busters thread in the Monthly Abstinence section. We try to have fun AND stay AF!! My own goal is to get AF for life - 30 days at a time.

Best wishes..

DG
        Day 13 AF - hopefully for the last time
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day One Again

I am realizing that I am not alone in regards to having stopped [6 months] and then sliding back.I have put a lot into being 17 days AF this time. I have been concerned with the initial stooping .With what I am reading I don't think I have prepared myself for the fight down the road. I just happened to find this site the day I was stopping on my own so I haven't got the book.I am ordering it today I am sure their will be tools to help me stay on the path of AF. I am another one who has to be AF I know from the past were only having one leads

Stay Healthy All
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
          X