Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Good Morning! Patricia, you are doing fine with your posting! When reading other's posts I have seen familiar things and then things that aren't familiar at all, and I go PHEW!!! At least there's one thing I haven't started yet! LOL We are all here for the same reason, despite our own little individual quirks. That is why I feel so comfortable here. I know I can talk freely about things and everyone can understand, they won't enable me or say I am silly. I can get honest to goodness advice, coaching and support. Tell us a little bit more about yourself. You can send me a private message if you would like. What part of the world are you from? Do you have children? Pets? What are your hobbies?
    "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

Hello

Start of Day 4 for me. Feeling good. Half day of work, Boss off to a Dental Society Golf Outing. Two of our staff members are joining him, so I will be left alone manning the ship. That is good. I can get some work done!!! Hope everyone has a great day, today.

Comment

Hello

I joined the site recently, not sure when, i also came across it by accident, havn't spoken to anyone yet but hopefully will do soon when i get the hang of the site, lol, this is my seventh AF day, i was really ill last week after a massive binge, had to see GP over various things, tonsillitis which i,m sure was brought on by my drinking as alcohol affects your immune system. It really hit me what i was doing to my self and something clicked, don't no what, but it really frightened me and i no i wont ever drink again, it sounds a cliche i no, i have a lovely counselor as well who ill be seeing hopefully this week, i,v never felt so well even after seven days, imagine what i will be like in seven weeks.

Comment

Hello

Well Done ! all you guys did any of you have withdrawal symptoms ? My first 2/3 days, I

was shaky on my pins, could'nt eat, had palpitations, slept a lot, weird dreams, and one

major headache. Things much improved now, except for the fact that I would swop my

new black shoes for a glass of redwine lol!

Comment

Hello

Red-Wine, keep the new Black shoes!!!!! The worst thing they will give you is a blister! And then your new shoes will soften up and mold to fit you and you'll be fine!!! Good work, darlin! Day four is over for me and I am off to bed.

Comment

Hello

day 2 (again)

Red Wine - thanks. For the reminder of what we do to ourselves physically by constantly poisoning ourselves. It only takes a few days AF for my eyes to not look puffy, feel peaceful and energetic, and gas to calm down. But then I turn around and do it again, and again. Since finding this site, I have hope to carry it through.

Comment

Hello

Good morning

Hi everybody, Day 3 - looking at the postings it seems that most are doing ok and if they are not then at least nobody is talking about giving up which is important because I've a relative that seems to have given up and it is just so sad (I hope they haven't but things do seem dismal) - and I seem fine to date but it really is quite early. Have got a million things to do at work so will post again later - but once again thanks - this time it has made all the difference.
                Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Hello

Apologies for going back to this thread - just wondered how everybody who was kind enough to support me is doing? Your help has been invaluable in getting to my eighth day. Thanks, Px

Comment

Hello

Hi Patricia
                    Day 8 is GREAT. Glad to see you continued to post as we started at the same time ...
                    I am nearing the witching hour of Day 3 and am having dinner with friends- so, need to be vigilant.
                    Hope you had a great rest of your day.
                    Cheers
                    Sheep

Comment

Hello

Hi everybody

Sheepish, Hope the dinner went okay. Still hanging in there. Not going to pretend that at nights I'm jnot ust a little bit bored - I am and sometimes go to bed at 9 but trying really hard to achieve at least 30 days. . . . How'd the dinner go?

P

Comment

Hello

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME HERE,LETS GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER......I think that you have a great attitude....Set your goal,we will be hear to help you meet it.Yesterday i made my 30 day AF goal and believe me , I could not have done it without this site.If I can do it , I know that you can....Keep posting...OK?....Evie
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X