the mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the mirror

If you ae just starting out and need motivation I suggest the mirror. You already know you have a problem. Take a close look at the thickness of your hair. Take your clothes off and look at yourself in the mirror. Take a close look at your skin texture. Take a close look at the pallor of your face. Take a close look at your nails. This is not uplifting I know, but if you need a reality check this is it. Sorry to be a bummer, but this ain't no disco.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

the mirror

I'm not scared of AL any more, but MAN I'm scared of the mirror!!!!!!!!!

Seriously....Greenie this is such a good point. We tend to get all caught up in the mental aspects of this addiction and breaking free of it. We probably don't think enough (at least I don't think I do) about the devastation we are causing our bodies inside and out. AL = Poison.

Good post! Thanks for the reminder to spend sine time pondering the poison in this way, and appreciating the non-poison aspects of AF.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

the mirror

Yes, Greenie! A great suggestion. Another dead-give-away is YOUR EYES! OMG! UG! Nasty! I am over 8 weeks AF and mine are just starting to clear up nicely to white.

:h Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

the mirror

bestlifeldms;339360 wrote: I am over 8 weeks AF and mine are just starting to clear up nicely to white.

:h Best
        Congratulations on 8 weeks!!! You just gave me something very cool to imagine - having bright eyes again. Thanks!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

the mirror

Our Eyes and our hands can tell the whole story....but with-in a few weeks we too can be beautiful on the inside and out!

Hugs and Best Wishes to all!
          Together we can make this change!
          Love, Bambi
          "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

the mirror

Greenie ...... I love it .......
            sigpicXXX

Comment

the mirror

OH MY LORD, this is so true!
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
              X