Good Old Catholic Guilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Old Catholic Guilt

oops I might have got a bit carried away there with the whole anti-catholic thing.
    I know they are not all bad and also know all those involved in my situation (caused entirely by myself as per usual!) were probably were just misguided and thought they were doing the right thing in some way.
    Also very sorry Rocky road for hi-hacking your thread. I hope you are feeling a bit better about life since finding this site and I hope you will hang on in there and join us on our journey to a new lives free of the demon drink.
    BH

Comment

Good Old Catholic Guilt

Boozehag - That is an incredible story. You had an amazing amount of gumption for a teenager. These stories need to be told. Sometimes it is someone else's post that triggers that. Rocky, you still with us?

Comment

Good Old Catholic Guilt

Thanks Louise
        It makes me laugh now thinking of all those career social workers giving a month old baby to a seemingly deranged homeless teenager who had threatened to burn the place down!
        Of course when he was a teenager I regularly threatened to send him back!!
        BH (no longer)

Comment

Good Old Catholic Guilt

Innocent babies

Hi Rocky, this is an issue with me with all religions, even Christianity and baptism, my two oldest children were baptised and I truly resented the vicar saying he was washing away their sins
          What sins? Every child is born innocent what do they know about sins and confessions when they havent done anything wrong!
          You have a sweet innocent child there, a gift indeed, my second Grandsons Mother had to go for tests for spinabifida as she tested positive in early tests so I was telling everyone this one might be a special child
          It turned out negative when she had the amniocentesis, but he would have been loved and lovable in a special way too
          Your family has no idea what they are missing out on, a special gift to be treasured
          Life is a gift Rocky, treasure it
          I was once told that god/fate or whatever would never give us more than we could cope with, forget the cruelty of the past, you have coped admirably so far and they have missed out on your gift through their own ignorance and prejudice

Comment

Working...
          X