Tonight will Be Tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight will Be Tough

Day 3 AF. Both of my grown children will be gone for the entire night tonight. I am left to my own devices. Will be difficult
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Tonight will Be Tough

its F....G FRIDAY AGAIN!

i know wot your saying Sea! Have supplys on hand, tough it out. You have done this before and you must think through this. It can be done, many of us have weathered this nasty start of sobriety. Come to chat tonite and burn some tension off. :l

Comment

Tonight will Be Tough

Sea, you are not alone. This is Day 3 for me and my children are also all going to be out of town. Tonight I made plans that involve no drinking (movies with a friend). Tomorrow will be a challenge. I have a dinner in dowtown Cinti with friends for a bday. I am worried, but I am planning things that may deter me. One - I'm going to church before the dinner, two, I am going to drive myself - I will not drink if I drive, and three I am going to tell my friends that I am on a med and dr says no AL (because even if I drive, I can always take a cab!!). For the rest of the weekend I purchased AF wine in case I get the craving. I guess the way I see it is - failing to plan is planning to fail. Good luck to you - we can do this - we CAN make it throught the weekend.

I'll be thinking about you. Thanks for the post - now I know I am not alone either!
      God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Tonight will Be Tough

Absoluteherb

It is really going to be tough tonight after a long and stressful week, at least i will have time with my wife.

Comment

Tonight will Be Tough

Yes, it is Day 3 for me too. I am already feeling bad about myself b/c I have done no real work this week. Last night I watched hubby drink beer after beer, which is what I usually do (or glass after glass of wine) and I hate seeing that -- for myself and him. And tomorrow I may be all alone with baby all afternoon and evening, which scares me even more. Spirit Girl, you're right, I need some alt plans. Right now at least, if I can get past day 3, that will be better than I've done before. I already feel weepy though and it's not even 9 am. Ugh. Off to work.

Comment

Tonight will Be Tough

You are not alone !!!! You have us...Come chat or read posts !!!3 days is an amazing start,do not trow that away.Just think how proud you will be on monday morning....LOL..Evie
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
            X