naltrexone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

naltrexone help

I started taking naltrexone yesterday, I have been sick all day not able to-get out of bed.
    I couldn't leave the bathroom this morning, (Sorry if thats TMI)
    I did drink all weekend, was I suppose to wait till all alcohol was out of my system?
    The rest of the day I felt like I had the worse hangover every.
    The only good thing about it I had no desire to drink LOL

naltrexone help

Hi Win123

I tried Naltrexone (with a few other things added by doctor) but did not get any of the symptoms you describe; perhaps it's just all the toxins clearing out your body Well done on not drinking though; I didn't have the same success with it, nor did I like the side-effects (huge sugar cravings, very tired, etc,)
    best wishes
    blondie

Comment

naltrexone help

Thanks

I an afraid to keep taken the nalterxone. I will give myself a day off it
      and try again, I am also afraid not to take it I need to get my life back

Comment

naltrexone help

I've been taking naltrexone for a few months now. I didn't have any of those side effects that you are describing. I think you are supposed to be AL free for a few days before you start, and maybe that's what is affecting you negatively. The major symptom I had in the first few weeks was a loss of appetitie. Food simply wasn't very appealing. This isn't a particularly negative thing (!). The good part about naltrexone is that it doesn't affect your thinking or your physical state. I don't feel foggy, I don't fill dizzy, etc.

As far as whether it helps with the cravings---I'm not sure. There is certainly a placebo effect with taking it. I sometimes think, "I'm having a huge craving, I'd better go take another naltrexone." Having something tangible to do other than pop a cork has a postive effect. With that said, there is a real effect as well. I've racked up almost two months AF (with a couple of slips), which is big news for me. I credit naltrexone at least in part for that success. In sum, you might hang with it and see if it helps. If you're like me, there isn't much to lose in trying it out and there's everything to gain if it helps.

One more thing. I'm taking a larger dosage than I've seen recommended on various websites. I take between 100 and 150 mg a day whereas I see the usual recommendation is about 50 mg. That small amount simply didn't have much of an effect.

Hope you're doing well, NTC

Comment

naltrexone help

Thanks, ntcentral for getting back to me you give me the courage to try nal again,I think I had a stomach virus. I was away with my siblings for the weekend and my sister was sick. We just thought she couldn't keep up with the rest of us drinking.I am better today.

Comment

Working...
          X