Hello future friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello future friends

Another scared newbie here. I bought everything (sups, topa, cds) a while back, but today I met with my psychiatrist and have commited to this program. I just took my first Topa and I'm a bit concerned. I run a company so I hope I don't make foolish word mistakes. Like many of us I suppose, I quit once before in November (actually did hospital detox) but then business got rough this spring and I went back to the usual heavy drinking. I'm horribly embarressed by myself. And I am worried that I won't succeed. Although I am a survivor and figure if I could quit smoking and run a company, I can probably overcome this. I'm a functioning alcoholic, but I am certain that it's no secret to my employees and soon to my kids. MY ex- wrote me a letter last week begging me to quit. I am reaching out to you all. And if there is anyone in NYC, please ping me. thanks.
    cc
    :thanks:

Hello future friends

Welcome coco and all the best to you! Congrats on starting the program. I wish you tons of success.

Comment

Hello future friends

Welcome Coco.....good to hear that you have set yourself up for success! The program is the way to go!
      I think you will find many here a lot like you. Successful in many ways, but drinking was ruining everything! This does work, if you work it!

Best Wishes,
      Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hello future friends

Welcome. You have armed yourself well. Very proud and happy for you. Stick with us!!!
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Hello future friends

Welcome! You will find lots of support here. You can do this.

Comment

Hello future friends

Coco: This is a great place. Keep reading & sharing. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Hello future friends

Hello and welcome to MWO...its fun and there is much support all around. Don't be shy everyone is nice...well, mostly everyone! :H

Comment

Hello future friends

coco :welcome:

This is a great place!

K
                Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
                April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
                wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
                wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
                wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
                wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
                wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
                wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
                http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Hello future friends

:welcome: This is an exciting place to be. Check out RJewell's recommendations for this program and you will be off to a great start.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hello future friends

hi coco! glad your here.
                    dove

Comment

Hello future friends

:colorwelcome: Coco!! This is a great place, and we CAN be successful. Many who have struggled for many years with alcohol problems have successfully stopped the madness.

I'm not in NYC, but we do have some things in common. I like to believe I was a rather functional drunk. (although I'm plenty mortified over lots of things over the years!). I quit smoking nearly 16 months ago, and I too feel "If I can do THAT....." Mr. Doggy and I have our own business, and some how got through the start up phase and into a profitable phase over the last 5 years...despite my drinking.

It's taken me a few tries, but I'm back on the AF (alcohol free) wagon for 21 days, quite determined to be DONE with AL this time. No more experimenting with "just one" or fantasies of moderation (works for some...but not me), etc.

Feel free to PM me any time if you need a pal! Best wishes...WE CAN DO THIS.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello future friends

Welcome! I love this place - sharing my thoughts and feelings on this forum is sure helping me. Unfortunately I couldn't keep my problem from my staff! I think I had a bit of a reputation, I remember one occasion when a junior colleague asked me about something (that I should have known about) and I had no idea, just looked at him blankly and said, 'I'm really sorry, you'll have to remind me.' I heard him sign and mutter under his breath, 'Too much vodka...' I went, 'What?!' and he said, 'Oh nothing, nothing...' Anyway, enough of my ramblings, I think everyone's used to them here now - I hope you find your place here and get the support you need.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hello future friends

:welcome: Coco you can do it because you WANT to.

Comment

Hello future friends

Hi Coco,
                            A big hug welcome from me as well.
                            Jessie
                            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Hello future friends

Coco
                              Welcome..Sounds like you have your toolbox in place, wishing you success.
                              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Working...
                              X