X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Well, hello everyone!

Wednesday afternoon here today...

Been almost AF for a week now. Weakened a bit on the weekend, but am back... just!

Phew, the cravings are coming quick and fast, mainly due to too much idle time. Witching hour is approaching, so i hope i can resist. It usually goes for 4 hours between 6-10pm. I have to keep reminding myself of the consequences, ie, ill health, bad feeling tomorrow... hopefully it'll be alright.

Hope everyone is achieving their goals, drop in and let us know

And, welcome newbies... keep going, it does get better.

Change
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

ODAT - Wednesday

it sucks bad.

i am here too hanging on for dear life! how many times have we heard this now? :bigcry:

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi Change and Ripple,
      I'm on day 7 AF today and yesterday was a huge struggle, I really craved a glass of off dry Vino and the demon wanted to convince me that I will stop at one or two glasses...duhhh...and the saving factor was the fact that I knew I had Antabuse in my system and that I will get ill and short breathed and scarlet red in my face.
      I feel better today and the craving has past - it really has. So hang in there and do one hour at a time if necessary.
      Love
      Jessie
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Dang! Me too Rippy. Fingernails are nubs from clawing my way back up the mountain.

Today is errand day. I get to stop by the fishing store and get my flies for Vermont. That'll be fun and then finish off with an evening massage.

Good luck to all, be gentle with yourselves.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Morning all.

Hand held out for Ripple to hang on to. :yourespecial: Your dear life is important - grip hard! Everyone else today - extend a hand for Ripple to hang on to. Keep her safe and strong.

Change. :thanks: for starting the thread. It's a bit like going to a party and finding it already underway! Starting the thread is like being the only one in the room, wondering if there are enough nibbles and rearranging the glasses while you wait to see if anyone will turn up!! :H Have you tried L-Glut for the cravings? It works for me.

I am having to add a dog day to my count for yesterday - I did stay under control and drank lots of non alcoholic drinks to start with but the evening wore on rather, I joined the others in drinking and the last drink was the one that took me into dog day territory. ops: That makes it a big round 60. I am not going to let it get any higher than that. It''s way too big a number and I am ashamed of it. It takes away some of the pride I should be feeling about having the 75 AF days. Still, I am certain today will be another AF - I am out this evening and driving. That's a bit like antabuse for me - I just know there is no option but to stay sober. It's a good feeling, knowing that there will be no temptation. I can focus on the day without worrying about the evening drinking options.

Hope everyone else can focus on theirs in a good, positive and AF way!

Love to all to come.

Walnut xxx

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

oh dear.

i'll have a chocolate rippled sundae with walnuts and green creme 'd menthe. :H jessie wants one too. :H

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Sorry Jessie and Greeny - must have posted at the same time! Hi to both of you. Hands out to you too!! Think I'm running out of hands. Greeny, would you mind a foot instead?! :H

W x

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Nah, a foot is ok, as long as it hasn't been in the piggie pen. :H And take off those wellies first. :H Gettin' good at this aren't I?
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi, walnut, Jessie, greeny, change, and ripple ,and all to come,
                  my hands are out ripple, change, Jessie:lawprint:awprint::armsaround: (my feet are not worth mentioning!)
                  Hold on , keep looking up. You are not alone.
                  I'm feeling abit stronger today thankfully as could do with a break from the old cravings etc.
                  Got my dad and mums bdays this week which I always feel alittle stressed over, sure it will go fine but can't help feeling under pressure.
                  I'm having dreadful sugar cravings for cake, flapjack etc which I'm finding hard to cope with (have an ed too) but know it has to do with having less al in my system. Does this ever ease up? I,m hoping so!
                  Anyway have a better day all
                  love Evie:h
                  Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
                  Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
                  For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
                  "

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hello, everyone.

I can't type well today and am struggling with my thinking because of a med I took yesterday and reacted really badly to.

So, I can't say much here.

Hang in there Ripple. You can get back to where you want to be. :l

Everyone else, have a wonderful day.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi all ODAT'rs

Walnut, you had me all confused yesterday, been away a few days and it took a while to figure you are our beloved Bessie. I too find the L-glut helpful, the trick is to take it before Al's whisperings get too loud!! It really is a battle but I do find the more AF days I get the easier it gets. My God, the first time I did 30 days it was a nightmare!! The important thing newbies is to stick at it and dont be discouraged. I kept a record of AF days last year and am doing the same this year and there is no comparison and while there have been slips I have ten times more AF days this year so far. This is what keeps me going. So its one minute, one hour, one day at a time, whatever get you through.

Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

HI EVERYONE!

I Feel That I Need To Send Some Positive Vibes Into The ODAT Thread To Beat AL Back Today So Here It Goes...

....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Hope that helped. Bastard AL picking on everyone like that. Not fair!

Well, I am awake extra early this morning because my dog farted so bad while sleeping by my bed that it actually crept into my dream turned it into a nightmare and woke me up at 5:00 am. No kidding. I have no idea what he possibly could have eaten but good god it was bad.

Ripple, did you ever get your pooch to stop misbehaving?

Well, I need to run and get ready for a new client meeting that I have today. I was supposed to have it done last night but I started a side business of re-roofing houses to make extra income after the storm went through last week. I put together a flyer and now have seven houses to do. Now I just need to find a crew to help me out.

Greenie...thinking about you and your trip to Vermont...really feel that it is going to go really well.

Walnut...would really like to know how things are going down on the farm...

Take care all...

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi guys,

Just checking in quickly as I have to run out the door to work - busy day today. I am still doing great on the AF during the week - another AF day last night for me to chalk up on my board. I am finding it a lot easier the more I go. I was out with my BF and his ball team last night and they were all drinking beer and offered me one and I found it very easy to say, no thanks, I'll just have a coke. I wasn't even tempted! I think because I had the plan in my mind that I was not going to drink no matter what! I'm pleased though, glad things are finally starting to come together the way I want them to. But don't get me wrong, I'm still treading very carefully - that AL is a sneaky little bastard!

Good luck today everyone!

Love and hugs,
                          Uni
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning everyone here at ODAT. I've been away and not near a computer so have not been able to check in. I'm struggling very hard to stay away from AL but I've lost the battle many times this month. It's a new day today and I'm trying very hard to get back on track and stay busy and reach my daily goal of AF.
                            Sweltering hot here in Vermont the past couple of days and last night had a terrific storm which has cooled everything down to a comfortable temperature.
                            Well, off to the gym and then doing some errands and then staying busy and staying away from AL today.

Love and Peace
                            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

wednesday

Hi all, I extend both hands, feet whatever to everyon struggling here.................

Hate to say I had a surprisingly easy day yesterday, maybe since I went to my favorite (AA) meeting last night, it is so funny there are like 2 girls in the entire meeting, and about 20 guys................I am a MAJOR minority, but those guys are super nice, have "great sobriety" and are so wise, I just look forward to what I can learn and take away from the meeting every week..............same w/ my Friday night meeting..............they are just something to look forward to,I am so glad I weeded out the good and bad meeting for myself, won't go to some anymore, will frequent others..............the way to do it!:goodjob: This is a big thing cuz for a while I was sooooooooooo turned off of AA, it was ridiculous.

Enough on AA, everyone sounds busy and positive today.............even those of you who are struggling................I will be thinking of you!:l

Case, you sound really busy, I saw all the rain/storms you are having in the mid-west...........hope you are doing ok, good luck w/ new client................and your mini roofing company.

Rip, Cindi, Evie, Greeneyes......................I will be thinking about you guys today, stay well!:l

Lots of love,:l:h

MA
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                              X