What is with all the IT stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I am sorry but I am on a bit of a rant here.
    Maybe it is because I am having a rough night -Day 4 AF, hubby away.
    I think all of you are FAB! - I have been lurking here for awhile, posting a little but reading mostly. I think there are some great characters here - especially some of the immediate names that spring to mind are Betty Boop, Doggy Girl, TLRGS, Ripple, Hippy 37, Cindi, and so so many many more - too many names to mention so apologies to anyone not mentioned (you are all very cool to even be on this site I think and all very cool in my mind - as insane as it might be at present)
    I do not mean to be negative but lately I seem to think that IT skills have taken over everything else. I am on Day 4 (yet AGAIN!) and finding it REALLY REALLY HARD, feeling like a neutered cat on wheels if anyone can even begin to understand that - not that I can either as I am not a neutered cat - just a saying I guess. Maybe it is because I have 5 cats and a dog lined up to be fed at present.
    Anyway, spare a thought for us less IT literate folks; changing avartars, you tube etc. etc. I having f****** clue. Part of my reason for having problems at work is that I am not that computer literate and not very competitive. Personally, I think all the IT stuff is cool and would love to learn in a user friendly environment. - any chance of you guys doing online lessons?
    From someone who would love to get you all know you better but feels scared to (for many reasons, obviously not just IT stuff) . I find it hard to make friends but think I am a very loyal one once I do, I feel I am very untrendy but I also know I am a very friendly person, just having a clue when it comes to compter stuff, even as basic as texting - and I seriously need to get my shit together - my step son is 17 and and coming over to stay the weekend and even my two young children (5 & 3) know more than I do.
    Please Help!
    Bandit
    Best Wishes
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Bandit,

Believe it or not, some of this GUI IT stuff is new to me, too.

Why don't you post a specific question as a thread and see the responses?

Limers just posted a thread about how to get cool avatars.

I am waiting to see what people say, too. Because Hippie and Lushy and others actually edit their own avatars to personalize them.

I am lazy and will just wait to read how it is done rather than research it.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

dearest Bandit,i would love to help but am a dumbie myself...I bet that you would get alot of help in the chat room.people are there most evenings...Evie
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

wlll photo bucket is easy . just google photo bucket and look for any picture you want to use .
        right click on the URL code click select all then copy . then come back to the site and right key paste on the first window click advanced and click perview then post ..hope that helps and its about the same for youtube good luck just try it a cuples of time and you will get it
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

You can go to the "test" thread and play around and experiment with stuff as well as read about how to post pics and links in other threads.
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Hi Bandit, I too feel like a dummy and I work at a computer all day as a secretary - I keep having to tell folks that yes I can word process but anything else is a slow learning curve. Honestly just ask... anyone here will be only too happy to help you out, talking you through right from the very beginning. I took a long time to even find my avator let alone know what an avator was - lol.

Lx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I took a long time to even find my avator let alone know what an avator was - lol.

I aint sayin nutt'n to that one tea!!!!lol
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hi, Bandit. Thanks for giving me the courage to post a question I thought was just too obvious for words but couldn't figure out.

When I check the box "Quote message in reply" I can't get anything to happen. How does that work?

Comment

Bandit...Welcome...MWO is a place for us with drinking/thinking problem to come and share our stories and research. I love that about MWO.

Don't worry about getting all technical...just come and share with us. You will find lots of support. Leave the techie stuff up to the geeks :-)

Welcome to MWO
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                  :h

Comment

LMAO Hippie, yes okay then.......

Lx
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
                    X