Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is Ed Phillips and why is he constantly e-mailing me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone named Ed Phillips is constantly e-mailing me about my supposed "drinking problem". I sure don't appreciate that and he can only have gotten my e-mail address from here. He is relentless, sending 4 or 5 e-mails a day. Anyone else experiencing this?

Gdy.....have you checked the members list to see if he is registered??

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

:H
      gdy;345277 wrote: Someone named Ed Phillips is constantly e-mailing me about my supposed "drinking problem". I sure don't appreciate that and he can only have gotten my e-mail address from here. He is relentless, sending 4 or 5 e-mails a day. Anyone else experiencing this?
      UGHH>>>>SAME deal here.......Did we respond to a pop-up one day that we forgot about????Tanbks for asking,GDY,I just got DONE deleting all of his F-ing messages!!!!
      :lRebecca

Comment

I dont have this problem but I think lillyatter is right you may have mistakenly thought it was an offer from mwo? Good luck getting rid of the nuisance !!
        ?We are one another's angels?
        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Does your e-mail have the ability to "block from sender?"

Try that.

Also, look at the address and see where the user id is coming from. i.e. blah@yahoo.conm, or whatever.

Perhaps you can find out who owns that domain and send a request that they stop that member from sending you spam.

Good luck!!

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I haven't replied to any popups. All I did was post a message about not being able to sleep. That's when the relentless messages started.

Comment

I am pretty sure that there are people looking on these websites and trying to target people for something they are selling. Having your email address accessible on the site is easy access for them.

Comment

I don't think it is accessable. You have the option of making it public or for administrative use only.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hmmm.... dunno then.

Comment

gdy;345277 wrote: Someone named Ed Phillips is constantly e-mailing me about my supposed "drinking problem". I sure don't appreciate that and he can only have gotten my e-mail address from here. He is relentless, sending 4 or 5 e-mails a day. Anyone else experiencing this?
                    i had some idiot doing that to me awhile back..is he from another forum? cyber-freaks...they are out there. BLOCK HIM OUT..i have 3 mental abusers BLOCKED the F...OUT. need a shovel...whack him in the head and then BLOCK him. :H

Comment

Go to your user CP under options. There is a box there, that if you checked it, gives others permission to down load your email address. You may have checked that and that may be how he got it. Also, there is a box that allows other members to send you email. I do not have either of these boxes checked and have had no problem. Other members can always PM you. Then if you know and trust them you can give tham more personal info.

Comment

I've been getting these too, quite annoying but when i just went to unsubscribe the supposed "subscribe date' was when i joined MWO....hopefully my unsubscribing will work.

Comment

well crap he didnt email me....guess he plays favorites....ha ha
                          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

HERE'S A GROUP PICTURE OF ED WITH HIS BUDDIES !
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I did not get any emails

BUT

the scary thing for me here is I know an Ed Phillip in real life....

Comment

Working...
                              X