My very last first day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My very last first day

This is my very last first day if you know what I mean.

I have tried to go AF many times before, but this is it now. I have taken the antabuse and have some mild sedatives from my doc to help me on my way and I am absolutely determined this time. No mods for me abs is the only way.

My very last first day

Aduggan, way to go. Wishing you all the strength you ever need. You sound so strong and determined. Please let us know how you get on with the antabuse, I am fascinated by it but a bit too scared to try it myself yet, why I don't know.....

Lx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

My very last first day

Best of luck to you.Wishing you strenghth.I was thinking about the antibuse road too.Like tea am a little scared of it.Keep us posted.xx

Comment

My very last first day

You're on your way Aduggan.......making that "abs or mods" decision is half the battle. Read as much as you can to keep you this motivated - check out the long-term abstainers thread, there are some good threads. Oh, and keep posting!!!

Janicexxx
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

My very last first day

Hi addugan. I hope your first day is going well. Congratulations on making a decision that it's abs for you. For those of us who really can't be successful moderating, ITA with Janice that just accepting that fact and making a decision is half the battle.

In addition to the long term abstainers thread which has some GREAT posts as Janice said, I would also suggest checking out the Monthy Abstainers section. There is a good daily thread there and also the 30 Day AF Booze Busters thread - either or both might be helpful if you check them out and it feels right.

Best wishes! WE CAN DO THIS!!

DG
          Day 22 AF
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My very last first day

Addugan,

Great start!! The mild sedatives will make the first few days much more bearable (state of mind is everything in this battle) and the Antabuse will help with the rest.

Proud of you for taking the bull by the horns and just doing it!!

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X