ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Thursday

Top of the mornin to ya,I had a restless night and only got a few hrs sleep.I thought that I was getting back to normal sleep patterns(after 1 month Af) but I guess not yet. UNI & SHEEP....Remember what the ODAT means...ONE DAY AT A TIME...right? To me that means everyday you get a fresh start.Yesterday is gone and we get a brand new one to TRY,TRY,AGAIN...You can do this...I know you can...LOL..Evie
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi all

Have a brilliant weekend Sheepish and don't beat yourself up - I've been there SO MANY times - one thing we drinkers are good at is beating ourselves up!! Like Evie says, just start again if you want to . . . sun beginning to shine here - it's been dire this morning! This site is addictive!!

Px
      Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

yep!

Sheep, don't beat yourself up!! We definitely have to be forgiving to ourselves, have heard it said before, today is a new day.................have a nice weekend away!

Uni, good job!! :goodjob: You are doing great!!

love:h:l:h

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi everyone...day 4 again for me and not sleeping at all. enough torture..i must remain on track to feel good. toodles..love rippy :l

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi

Good luck Ripple! :l
            Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Sheep - don't beat yourself up - you will find your way out. I still struggle, I have just recently been able to do the weekday AF, weekend Mods thing - it was a long time for me to be able to get to this pattern. ANd I still have to fight to maintain it - just like everyone else on this thread - keep trying, dust yourself off - you're doing fine! Keep fighting! Every day you keep fighting is another day that you have won, cause that means that you haven't given up.

Keep smiling Sheep,
              Love ya,
              Uni
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi ONATimers -- Back from Spain and Sober

Glad to see lots of postings here today. Every day is something of a struggle if not a form of torture as we give up the thing we crave and adore and hate at the same time.

Universal, good for you on the AF wine. Is it for sale at the grocery or liquor store? I would like to try it. Lately I have been drinking AF beer when I go out with friends and it sort of keeps me feeling like I am in the loop without getting me drunk and obnoxious (as in too loud, too gabby, too drunk).

Sheepish, now don't you go beating up on yourself. This is a tough monster to beat back and we are going to have our failures and successes. One day, one hour is success. Failure, well it just gives us another day to start over. Stay with us here on ODAT. And Greenie, Nurse and Evi, Case, Froggie, Florida, Rust, Mad and all my beloved MWO pals -- you keep kicking the Beast in the behind and you will come out the winner. And at the moment -- well at least you have the beast on the run!!!!

Back from Spain and I am on day 32 or something like that. I am certain that I will never be able to moderate so I must stop completely.

When I was in Spain I went to an internet caf? and drafted a nice long email to you MWO pals, but lost it. (The European keyboard is just different enough for the US version to mess me up). But in Spain, I drank fake beer even as my traveling pals drank the real thing and wine. Having a fake beer in my hand made me feel good and part of the dinner party or whatever.

Never thought it would be possible for me to run away from the booze. I was becoming resigned to being a guzzling alkie for the rest of my life before I found MWO site. And that was after 10 years of psychologists, doctors, AA, psychiatrists trying to help me out. Thanks MWO for being My Own Way Out. I have had lots of help also from a new shrink doctor who diagnosed me as bi polar and has prescribed a new med which seems to be working. Prior to taking this new drug I was being treated only for depression/ADHD. Also I am taking antabuse which, in desperation, I bought on line a few weeks ago (but my doctor has since approved of my taking it).

Finally, how did our beloved Bessie become Walnut -- was I gone THAT long in Spain? And how are the chicks and how is the farm and the horse? Love to you all, :l
                Matt

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Hi matt! you were gone a long time you know, a lot happens around here in short amount of time. I'm still trying to get used to the new "walnut"!:H

I've only been up an hour and this thread is 3 pages long!! Too cool! Once I get to the bottom, I forget what I was going to say to everyone!

Patricia--I am on day 12 AF. I started here in Febr, and was sure I could moderate right away. Didn't listen to all those wise ones that said "Do 30 days first!" it just didn't fit my lifestyle. After a near miss with a DUI, I decided it was time to get real and admit I can't control my consumption in most social situations. So my goal right now is 30 days, maybe more. I was drinking almost every night with or without hubby, then I found I could go a week or 2 pretty easy, but tend to overdo it. Feel like I was given yet another chance to get my shit together---don't want to ignore that!

Sheep, hang in there, we are on an educational journey here. We learn from our mistakes. It doesn't help at all to get down on ourselves, though thats easier said than done.

Well, I have a busy day ahead, still trying to catch up on everything after my trip to Texas.

Have a great day all!!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

P.S.
                    Thank you ripple for changing your avatar, the one yesterday was another one hard to look at:H Not sure what it was, pretty sure don't want to.:H

Greeneyes, I'm so envious of you and Brittzak's trip to lenair, I'm so excited for you guys!!! Fishing sounds fun too!!

Nurse and others struggling right now--please remember--"Never quit trying to quit!"

OK???:l
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Matthen - glad to have you back!

I'm not sure where you can get AF wine in the US - In Canada it is in the grocery store, I would assume it would be the same down there.

Hope that helps!
                      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                      :h

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Too fab! Look how many familiar and new faces are on here today! Welcome back Matthen. Hope you had the best time. You are brilliant for sticking with the AF. Sorry about the name change hun but there is a good reason for it. Or there was. Trouble is so many people have 'outed' me that I might as well go back to the old name! LOL!!!

And Sheepish, we've all been there and done that. Well, certainly I have! But those slips will get less and less. The advice about not beating yourself up is just so right. Don't do it. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is yet to come. Today is the day you can do something about.

If I was really good I would say hi and a message to everyone - Cindi and Cowgal are so good at doing that. However, I'm meant to be ironing a whole load of bed linen (yeuck!) so can I just say hi and love to you all and I hope the rest of your day is a good one.

W xx

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

You sure did get outed! My daddy said even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while. :H You be the nut, we be oinking!

MD gave me TWO drugs!!! TWO!!! I came up out of the chair and said NO! I don't want TWO! I guess that sort of sealed the deal. I realized what had just happened and sat back down and put my little hands in my lap. We looked at each other and he said he was glad I came in. I took my little papers and slinked out the door. That was awful for me. Just awfu.l PANTS!! At least I get to have a haircut in a bit.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

oops. double post
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Greenie, you wont be on them long....ALMOST Lenair time. God I am praying I don't have a panic attack before getting there......seriously. Let freedom ring!!!!
                              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

ODAT - Thursday

Good afternoon to all you morning odaters, Maybe, I'll look for Friday ODAT before I go to bed tonight and be an AM poster for once! Brittzak and Greeneyes, I am positively drooling with excitement for you. I hope you will be able to write a lot about the experience with Lenair. Some of the comments here reminded me of the first MD I consulted about the AL in my life. He said, "dear, I think you might be one of those people who should NEVER drink AL ever." What an understatement! Anyhow, holding steady here with antabuse in system. It's funny, how many times a day I think about sneaking a drink. It hardly ever leaves me. This is day 6 and I have enough antabuse to last thru the Summer. I'm gonna bore everyone to death by then, as I will post daily that I have taken, am about to take, or will take one in the morning. Tomorrow morning, I will take another 1/2 (that's all I need for 2 worry free days with a third to be safe) I'm feeling very nervous and edgy today & even have an elevated heart rate....I wonder what's going on? You all keep on , my thoughts are with you and yours with me. xxx g.

Comment

Working...
                                X