newbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbee

Found this site about a week ago and am happy to find so many people in this rocky boat with me. Have been sober for 51 days....any string of days is a miracle for me. Been drinking on and off for almost 40 years not to mention using a multitude of other substances.
    Have been in this place before, thinking maybe this time I'll actually stop. Trying to think what's different this time and all I can come up with is that it just has never seemed so easy to stop. Am taking Antabuse a couple of times a week, but I've been on and off Antabuse for years too so that's not all that's workin to keep me sober today.
    Anyway, glad you all are out there.
    Later

newbee

Welcome to the Board!
    This place and the people have been a godsend to me. Congrats on the 51 days!

Comment

newbee

Spedteach

Just wanted to welcome you. Also say 51 days is awesome. This really is a great place for support.

Comment

newbee

Way to go Sped! 51 days is really awesome! Congrats and welcome!
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

newbee

WOW...51days is a huge step to a life free from the beast....You must be very strong...I am so glad that you are with us...I am on day 34 but there is no way that I could have done it with out this site.I look forward to getting to know you....Evie
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

newbee

Thanks everyone for responding. I love connecting with people who have been there and done that, who really get what 51 days means to someone who almost gave up everything for alcohol and drugs.
            I am notoriously drunk in the summertime...I'm a teacher so summer vacations in the past have meant drinking 24/7. What's helping me so much right now is exercising...swimming, hiking, whatever gets the endorphins going. Again, thanks so much for the support.

Comment

newbee

wow 51 days, I concur with all of the above comments and more. Welcome to the boards.

Comment

newbee

Hi again spedteach!!

:cheering: CONGRATS ON 51 AF DAYS!!! :cheering:

I'm on Day 25 AF for the second time in a year - with some miserable false starts and wallowing in between. This time feels easier to me too. I too have tried to figure out why!! The best I can come up with is that we DO learn from our failed attempts, and I also think there just comes a point in time where we truly are ready to give it up, and stop fighting it so hard. I dunno. Just a theory - 2 cents and a bag of chips!!

Here's to endorphins!! (never thought I would be saying that....)

:colorwelcome:

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X