Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday

Morning all!

Another Monday, another start to the week, another day to add to the AF days. ODAT. AF for me. That is my aim and I'm happy and positive about it.

Last night was a supper with friends and though I didn't have to drive I was very happy to moderate. Still feeling slightly the effects of the weekend's overindulgence so I am keen to clear those feelings and get back into the AF feelgood zone!

The sun is shining here and it's a beautiful morning so there is some definite feelgood here already. Hope there is LOTS of feelgood in everyone else's life!!

Walnut xx

ODAT - Monday

Good Morning, Walnut,

I am up at 2:54 a.m. my time and it sucks.

Head is hurting again.

However, I am AF and happy to be that way.

Hi to all to come.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Monday

I'm packing to fly to Vermont. Those pills kick my arse and I couldn't last night. Oh, maybe it was the last scotch drink with daddy . I don't remember going to bed. Anyway, I will talk to you in a week. I don't have a laptop.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Morning Walnut and Cindi (tho' hope you're asleep now and head is feeling a little better).

Had very busy weekend took husband and kids to London on Saturday to O2 seeing King Tut exhibition which was quite amazing - didn't think I'd like it (and in fact did not want to go) but really enjoyed it! Helped that Fri was only 1 sml glass wine and early night as train was at 7.30am.

Can't believe we're heading so fast through June need to keep ODATing as when I am busy and stressed the wine can disappear at an alarming rate!

Hope to check in again later - have a good one!

Bx

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi all!
          Hope you managed to get back to sleep cindi.
          Mad mummy, I agree I too drink more when stressed! ODAT is the way to take things.
          Walnut, you are so positive it is catching!
          I've had a great weekend, we went camping and saw family. Back to the routine again but thats OK. The sun is shining!
          have a good day all
          love Evie:h
          Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
          Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
          For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
          "

Comment

ODAT - Monday

I was terrible yesterday, and now I can't wait for this day to be over so that I can start my AF week.Please don't let me give myself any more excuses--"just one", etc, etc. NO MORE. I have to just do this and stop being weak. Now I can be accountable to you all tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

monday!

Another day, I drank over the weekend, it wasn't even enjoyable, didit over problems I didn't want to deal with basically, so I didn't deal w/ the problems. so they are still here waiting to be dealt with.................:upset:

I am starting over day1 odat.................grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Maybe I will be one of the ones who never makes it af!??:upset::upset: I am definitely starting to wonder that!

Sorry to be depressing, needed to get that out though!

love and hugs..................:l:h

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Top of the Morning to ya,Everyone seems very Optimistic this morning.You are such a positive influence on me that i changed my mood to read OPTPMISTIC.In a way,I really am.My baby brother is here again and he arrived sober.I am not sure what the next few days with him will be like.I set no AL in my house rules but I am not sure that I have the guts to throw him out,if he breaks it.I was 5 weeks AF yesterday and the only close call that I have had,in all that time was on his last visit.He is so very sick and having him here is very,very difficult for me to deal with.I want to run and hide so I dont have to feel these feelings.Thanks to the support of this site I will try to stay Optomistic....Evie
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Just a quick check in this morning...I'm teaching Vacation Bible School this week so will have to get up earlier so I can catch up here! I need my daily ODAT fix!!

Sorry some of you had a rough weekend. Weekends are tough. I'm lucky, no social events in my future for awhile. That is where I struggle. A beer and ciggie would have been good after a couple of hot hard working days in the sun, but iced tea was just as good!

Went to the movies yesterday for father's day. I fell asleep! :H

Well, gotta run--have a great week all! :h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi everyone!

Mary Anne, sorry you had such a rough weekend. You've had your share of ups and downs, I've been around to see some of them but you are a strong woman and I know you'll make it! Just keep doing it ODAT. I'm right here with you girl!

Greeny - have a great time at Lenair!

I had an okay weekend - Friday and Saturday moderated very easily - yesterday had no issues until I got home and then for some reason proceeded to drink a bottle of wine. Not even sure why. I have had no cravings or desires at all and I didn't even really last night, it was more like habit than anything - Sunday nights for some reason have always been my hardest night. I guess I need to get some tools in place to deal with Sunday evenings so I don't do that again! I felt like crap this morning and was late for work but you know what? I learned from it so that's what is important.

Today will be an AF day for me.

Love and hugs,
                    Uni
                    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                    :h

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi Universal, I hadn't thought about drinking as being a habit... more than the AL. Ya, right now, AF 9 days and the urges always seem to come when there is a lull in activities... besides the usual urge to knock down a slug when nobodies around.... but that's been a habit!! I'm on antabuse and that keeps me on the dry side. Geez, Cowgal, I do know exactly how you feel. I've been reading everything I can about Lenair. It sounds way too good to be true. But, if it is true, than there is a "magic" bullet to get rid of the beast on my back. I am so looking forward to hearing what Greenie has to post about her visit!!
                      YES. I did take my antabuse tab this morning. It's been a week and I am noticing a slight headache and I often feel "a nap coming on". Well, it's a beautiful day and my garden needs lots of attention. Be well and happy. xx g.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

A Year Away and I Am Back

A year has about passed since I have visited the site. I'm back because of the obvious, I need to get help and control. I was making progress for a while and then stopped taking the supplements and Topa and just fell back into old habits. My demon is wine and lots of it and I just have the habit that come many (no most) evenings I cook dinner, drink wine and continue drinking wine until bedtime. I need to stop this ugly and destructive habit once and for all. I am back because it was working for me and I need to revisit the positives of this site and all that it offers. Thanks for listening!!:nutso:

Another confession: My kids are of the age now that I am embarrising to them and they know full well I have a problem. That is what hurts the most. Like Roberta said in her book, when they try and help you from yourself....wake up call.

Comment

Working...
                        X