Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Milestone For Me :)

Hey Everyone,

Well, I did it! I finally sat down and talked with my BF. I told him of my struggles with AL for the past 9 years. I told him that I just have to deal with this drinking problem, and do you know what he said? No, it's OUR problem. His support means so much to me. He is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me (well, next to having my daughter that is).

Then I sat down and told my parents about it all. Do you know what they said to me? We knew. I said, "you knew and didn't say anything to me?" Mom said that if they did try to talk to me, I just would have stormed out of the house and stopped speaking to them. She was right -- that's exactly what I would have done. She said that they were just waiting for me to do something about it because it was all up to me. WOW! I was really impressed. Not what I expected from my parents.

The reason why I didn't say anything to anyone before was because I didn't want to stop. I didn't want them to interfere. Now they all know so that they can help me on this journey to total sobriety.

So, for those that think they're hiding their drinking problem from everyone -- think again. They already know.

Huge Milestone For Me

I am so happy you have all this support, your family and your BF are wonderful and in your writing you can tell they love you very much. You're well on your way now with all this support you have and your own desire to quit..

Comment

Huge Milestone For Me

Dear Onetoo,You were so brave to come out to the people that are close to you.I am so glad that they are there to help.That should prove how much you are loved.I also think that it proves that you are truly ready to stop drinking...You have made a HUGE STEP FOREWARD.You will feel better and better everyday that AL is out of your life.I wish you well on your journey to a very bright future...Way to go....Evie
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Huge Milestone For Me

way to go it only get better
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Huge Milestone For Me

:cheering: OneTooMany!! :cheering:

What a terrific step forward. I'm sure that wasn't easy, and I'm really happy for you facing that hurdle, and look at the terrific outcome!!!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Huge Milestone For Me

Dear One,
            You did a very brave thing! I'll bet you feel a ton of weight lifted from your shoulders already. I hope your story will help others to do the same! You're on the right path! :h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Huge Milestone For Me

Hey One, takes a lot of guts to do what you've done. Happy to hear your fam and BF very supportive.
              When I told my husband I think I have a drinking problem he said - "Don't drink then!" and after the conversation he continued to buy beer and drink it in front of me on a daily basis. I tryed to explain how difficult it is to stop with him enabling me all the time, he said "What, I can't now have my beer after work because YOU can't control it?" ....well this is not about me, I just wanted to point out how lucky you are to have a such supportive BF. Good for you babe!

Comment

Huge Milestone For Me

MyChoice;348256 wrote: "What, I can't now have my beer after work because YOU can't control it?"
                I often wonder if this sort of thing - which seems to happen a LOT - sometimes means the significant other has a problem they have not yet acknowledged. Not trying to judge any particular situation - just curious what others think. Mr. Doggy is truly a "take it or leave it" drinker who usually leaves it, and when I'm AF he doesn't drink at all and never says anything about it. That seems to me to be the very logical thing for a truly "normal" non-addicted person to do in support of a significant other.

But what do I know?????

Sorry for the hijack.....

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X