Scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared

For whatever reason I decided today was the day to reach out for help and support. I just happened upon this site, read some of the discussions and want to give this a try.
    I really don't like myself when I drink. I do things I would never do sober. I wake up in the morning and remember what I did and think "great...how are you going to fix this one?"
    I can't believe how much I think about drinking during the day in one way or another.
    I hope to get support from this site to help me stop.
    What methods have helped you stop?:new:

Scared

Just wanted to say welcome!! I'm brand new as well, so successful methods are not yet present for me. I'm happy to help support you any way I can though....we're in this together. Hope you'll visit my log when you can. Best of luck.
    Renewal

Comment

Scared

:welcome:Hi igK!!

It is scary to start something new!! I'm not brand new here but I'm pretty new.
      I'm trying to stay AF, and my committment it stronger now than ever and it is REALLY
      helpful to have this site to turn to whenever you need a shoulder that KNOWS what you are going through.
      I've been AF for 11 days with 1 little slip of just 1 glass of wine 3 days ago and what i do know is that the cravings are lessening a bit!!

Just keep posting and reading when ever you feel an urge , it helps

Cher:h
      May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Scared

You have come to the right place.There is a ton of good info in past posts that will give you insights to how others that were where you are and got the tools they needed to beat the beast.Read the MWO book and you will have a good outline of how to start this program.keep posting and great advise will follow...Evie
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Scared

Hi and Welcome
          One of the best insights I received from someone on this site is to view the fight ahead of you, as if you are fighting for your life which you are.If you want to stop it has to be the most important thing you do each day NOT TO DRINK
          Stay Healthy and keep fighting
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Scared

Welcome igk ! Check out some of the threads in starting out where a number of new members are banning together to get started together! It is really helpful to have that support from others that are just getting on this path! You can do it! Best to you!
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Scared

Hi igk! You've taken a big step towards saving yourself by jumping into this site. There are many wonderful, loving and helpful people here to whom there is NOTHING you can say and NOTHING you have done that we don't already know all about! Welcome. xxx g.

Comment

Scared

Hi, I'm two weeks new as well - it really is the place to be. You'll find help, encouragement, patience and humour. Lots of good wishes coming your way Px
                Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Working...
                X