Had a slip after 15 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a slip after 15 days

I went to urgent care for severe abdominal pain and it turns out I had a UTI -- so they gavce me Darvocet for the pain... while on Darvocet I decided it was OK to have wine... that was on Friday... I spent the weekend seeing friends but took yesterday to "rest" again with the wine ... need to get back in the groove ... done with the darvocet and back to being AF...
    Tiny

Had a slip after 15 days

understand Tiny..its them god damn UTI's that will do it..and then the pain pills! i have been a bad gurl too..this is it for me. serious action has been taken today. had a meeting today and another one scheduled for Friday. its time for me to SHAPE UP 4 GOOD...come along?

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

Ripple -- what kind of meeting? I know you are struggling lately. I had been feeling good but am struggling now. Hope you are doing better.

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

counselor....and Friday will be another with a personal coach to assist me through triggers! time to put the gun down and stop (trying) 2 shoot away months of sobriety! :H

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

Let's do it Ripple!!!!!!
          Tiny

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

Yeah THE PAIN PILLS...I am worried about those.I have been having major Dental stuff done and the big surgery is next Monday.I have been staying off the pills for now but I will probably not have much choice next Monday.As soon as I felt the buzz of codine I was craving AL....big time.It only lasted a few hours but it sure made me weak.It helps to keep me strong when I hear remorse for giving up and drinking,in your posts.Thank you....I hope that I will stay strong.....Evie
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

Tiny, I'm very sorry about the set back. Good for you coming right back here and not lolly gagging around in AL-Land for weeks and months like I did several times.

Ripple, I am sorry you are struggling too. I know how badly we all want to be rid of the Beast.

WE CAN DO THIS.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

Thanks DG -- I'm getting right back on track...
                Tiny

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

Tiny - sorry to hear about the slip, but good for you on getting right back up. Question for you ... are you on Topamax?? The reason I ask it that I was on topamax and ended up with such a bad UTI that turned into a Kidney infection. The Dr. said the topa is REALLY hard on the kidneys. Just wondering. Take care and good luck.
                  AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

hi tiny - its a hard road this one and flipping slippery !
                    but you did well with 15 days .... i'm back to day 0 as well ... best we just keep trying
                    love ced x

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

wow, maybe thats why i had a UTI early on with Topa? whatever the case i am finding i must focus on sobriety now before it gets out of hand...that i shall not let happen.

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

Yes, I am on topa -- 50 mg... is that what caused the extreme abdominal pain?
                        Tiny

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

Tiny..i do not know..although 50mgs..was too much for Rip..that made me crazy! Too stimulating for me..be careful with Topa! :h

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

I did not realize that Topa was a stimulant?
                            Tiny

Comment

Had a slip after 15 days

I also slipped -- big time -- after 14 days (I mentioned this in another thread). I am back on track but feeling guilty (trying not to but you know how that goes). Need to excise the negative feelings.

Comment

Working...
                              X