• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What learned from my slip...

-- the wine did not taste that good
    -- I did not even get buzzed
    -- I don't even know why I drank -- it was stupid
    -- I ended up feeling sick and needed more time to recover
    -- I learned that for some reason I was sabotaging my progress and I need to fgure out why...
    -- it was a waste of time...
    Tiny

oh dear.

Tiny;348993 wrote: -- the wine did not taste that good
    -- I did not even get buzzed
    -- I don't even know why I drank -- it was stupid
    -- I ended up feeling sick and needed more time to recover
    -- I learned that for some reason I was sabotaging my progress and I need to fgure out why...
    -- it was a waste of time...
    --it messed up my momenteum.
    --it made me feel guilty.
    --i lied to myself.
    --i cheated myself.
    --starting over is harder than beginning.
    --i have an addiction.
    --i can only control.
    --HELP.
    --ABSTAIN...

Comment

I learned that for some reason I was sabotaging my progress and I need to fgure out why...
      I have asked myself this question about 20575674957 times in life. I was just thinking about success and failure (relative to goals) in very general terms just yesterday.

I think it's a LOT easier to fail at something than to succeed. Success takes hard work and commitment - even when we don't feel like it. Success takes strength, humility and character. Failure takes nothing really - just sit back and do or don't do whatever, and failure is just....easy. It can be painful, regretable, and all kinds of unpleasant things, but it's easier than the responsibility that comes with succeeding in our goals.

2 cents for whatever it's worth...

ETA: PS - the reason I know this with such certainty is from lots of first hand experience.

DG
      Celebrating 28 Hangover Free Days!
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

you got that right D-GIRL..failure is easy..it takes no work at all. when we give up we FALL..its that simple.

Comment

I relive the memory of the Withdrawl and so far that has kept me from a slip...I truly thought I was Dying....I Can not go thru that again....
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

evielou;349045 wrote: I relive the memory of the Withdrawl and so far that has kept me from a slip...I truly thought I was Dying....I Can not go thru that again....
            i know...i think about that, god i do not want to go back there again! My body ached for awhile, i could literally feel my muscles detoxing! Live and Learn! :H

Comment

hi ripple i here you ive had that many time s with stoppin i still beleive there is a way to moderate just got out of a facility that gave me the tools to stop but i think after 37 years of drinkin there is still a way just dont have the guts or will to go back could die i guess was close hope this helps just to talk on here is great and your new journey go well gyco

Comment

Gyco,The people here on this site will support you in you choose,no matter what.For me it is a choose between sober or dead...I choice sober
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

isnt goos to learn . its all part of life . keep on keeping on... you can do it ..
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                  X