I was a trophy wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a trophy wife

But you wouldn't know it by looking at me now. I am haggard, "rode hard" you might say. "Put away wet" a few times to many. Damn that Wal-Mart. $1.97 for a bottle of wine! I found I can just slip one in with my groceries every day and no one is the wiser. I can drink the bottle in the afternoon and no one will know. And you know what else? I've discovered a delicious new drink for when the wine bottle is empty. Vermouth! You know those sweet and dry varieties way in the back of the cupboard that you used only a few drops of years ago? Well, just unstick the cap, mix it with club soda and viola! A sophisticated cocktail(s) to chug and round out my buzz from the wine. After that, when I look in the mirror, the bags under my eyes seem to have dissapeared. And the twenty pounds I've gained make me look healthy, voluptuous. But not today. Not today. Not today. What's a trophy wife doing at Wal-Mart every day anyway?

I was a trophy wife

well at least your getting real with yourself....and stay away from wallmart, try AA instead. Good luck to you nomam.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

noma'am well to a "trophy wife" from a "soccer mom" it crosses all boundaries, regardless of who we are where we come from and what we do. I can hear the pain in your posting and I can feel it with you as I've been there only 3 days sober and I'm still trying to GET there! Your honesty is so helpful, makes me feel and I know will help others to feel so not alone in this struggle. Keep posting, you've found a wonderful place where whatever you need to get off your chest you can do it here and you won't be judged. Trust me, I just bared my soul and the support I have just been given has been just amazing a true Godsend.
      (((HUGS))))
      Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Voluptuous I was a trophy husband too!!!!!!! until I took boozers hand . Youre funny mam how ever this addiction aint no laughing matter. Whats WAL mart????? a drive thingyyy???? Hang around you make me laugh and being here you are serious about quitting good luck!!!! Humour helps and stead fast resolve to stop drinking is the answer
        love Cap

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Captnjack;350202 wrote: Whats WAL mart?????
          A Walmart is a very large chain of discount shopping Mega-Stores the well heeled would not normally shop at in fact, a "Trophy Wife" would most likely rather have her fake fingernails pulled out with pliers than to ever have to pass through the front doors of "Wallyworld".
          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
          Watch this and find out....
          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Whoa 4! Just wait one second. I do NOT wear fake fingernails!
            Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Comment

I was a trophy wife

No'mame,
              Welcome and thanks for your honesty! This is an encouraging place to be with lots of tools to help you beat your Walmart addiction..... I mean alcohol issue...

And yes, we have a lot of fun in the process, which is one thing that I personally love about this place! Its not all somber, hang-your-head and admit you are cursed and diseased for the rest of your life. Many here have found that by following this program they are able to either moderate their drinking for the first time, or stay away from it altogether for the first time.

Walmart really has a bottle of wine for $1.97? Does it taste like wine? Sure glad I never noticed that in the past! Not that I shop at Walmart or anything...:H

Best of luck to you!
              P4T
              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

I have never seen wine for 1.97 either....what is it MD 2020...ha ha....welcome to the group...equip yourself with the book and supps honey. you will love it here....u found a good place.
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I was a trophy wife

md 20 20 is called mad dog gets you drunk real quick...tastes like s..t.... and not good at all,welcome to the site....
                  WA...X
                  Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

I was a trophy wife

4theboyz;350219 wrote: A Walmart is a very large chain of discount shopping Mega-Stores the well heeled would not normally shop at in fact, a "Trophy Wife" would most likely rather have her fingernails pulled out with pliers than to ever have to pass through the front doors of "Wallyworld".
                    My apologies noma'am
                    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                    Watch this and find out....
                    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Trader Joes in the U.S. has wine they call "Two Buck Chuck" It is 2 dollars a bottle and not so bad... but I am off of that crap... I too found myself looking like a hag with a serious case of rosecea!!! All because I liked getting buzzed in the afternoon...
                      Tiny

Comment

I was a trophy wife

I thought "two buck chuck" cost $3 in the midwest. In California Trader Joe's carried it for $1.99 and it's really not bad unless you have something good to compare it with. My $2 chuck days are over. I have a personal embargo against Walmart so I never discovered their brand of cheap poison!
                        Thank you for making me laugh. Yes, I also was a trophy wife for long enough to move on from the vermouth to the marsala, to the cooking sake. Now, that's a nasty headache.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Welcome! I was a trophy wife too. This was before I started drinking hard; started losing my hair, gained some weight, and was looking like I was 50 before I was 35! (so they say hahaha)

Once you quit, your body starts to repair itself. Lots of water and healthy foods/supplements and of course some exercise, you will start shedding the years/pounds off quickly! (thank God almighty, I say!!) Thank God my hair has grown back in nicely too ;-) WHEW on that one. That was devastating!

Walmart............ yeah............... I avoid that store now. They don't sell liquor here in Canada in them, so haven't had the 'honour of $2 wine'. I avoid Walmart because my youngest daughter is a pompous ass at the age of 3 and flips out as soon as we walk through the door. Queenie in the making.

Welcome to this wonderful site! Glad you are here. Drinking is so over rated.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Are you guys kidding???The gallon jugs of Blush are only $6.99 or sometimes Wally puts them on Sale2/$12....thats when you stock up and tell the check out girl that you offered to bring the wine to the family party...How sad where those days??? WORSE THAN WORSE.....LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the feeling of being sober.....
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I was a trophy wife

2 Buck Chuck is for Suckers / MWO is not!

Stick with us No Ma'am. You won't be sorry. Arm yourself with the good resources here and the incredible people (join our chats if you can) and I bet you'll be incredible surprised at the amount of progress you can make. I love the approach of being able to be your own judge of what you consider progress.

Good luck!

SD:welcome:
                              Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Working...
                              X