I was a trophy wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a trophy wife

Hi again noma'am! I too love the fact that we can laugh at ourselves sometimes!!!

I did not know about the $1.97 wine at Walmart, but trust me - that's not because I'm snooty. It's because I was was too busy buying the bargain vodka at Sam's Club - where the quantities suited my habit - to know what Walmart was selling in the Booze aisle. (for those outside the US, Sam's Club is owned by the same conglomerate and is a membership warehouse kind of place that sells stuff cheap too.)

But I buy my sports bras at Walmart for $13.00 and they work just fine - even for these longies.

DG
    Celebrating 30 Hangover Free Days!
    :award:
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

It's amazing what AL does to your body and your appearance...amazing in a very bad way!
      Welcome to the site.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Yep everything everyone has said is SO true, guess we aren't so much about quality as we are about quantity huh? :0)
        Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Becasue of Ohio's draconian liquor laws, TJ's "Two Buck Chuck" is $3.39 here. But if you buy a case, you save 10%! I also avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, but have to admit a bit of curiosity about the $1.97 "vintage."

I guess I'll have to ask hubby if I'm a trophy wife! At any rate, welcome Noma'am, and try to keep your sense of humor.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

So, the moral of the story is...I shouldn't go to Wal-Mart looking for a trophy wife? DAMN.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

I guess it depends on if you want a thrifty trophy wife. Just watch out for cheap wine in the cart.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Hate Wally World! People treat it like a Sunday Outing, bring all the family Mom, Dad, Grandma, kids,
                and then stand and block the aisles with their entourage. I actually saw a women open a deodorant
                apply to underarms then put it back! YUCH!

Biscuit

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Shut up!!

Comment

I was a trophy wife

biscuit;350816 wrote: Hate Wally World! People treat it like a Sunday Outing, bring all the family Mom, Dad, Grandma, kids,
                    and then stand and block the aisles with their entourage. I actually saw a women open a deodorant
                    apply to underarms then put it back! YUCH!

Biscuit
                    LMFAO! about the deodorant. Some people are real pigs aren't they?!

I hear ya about the whole family outing thing. I can't stand Wal Mart. Aside from my kid being overly stimulated there; by the time I leave I want to get drunk. No lie. Since my sobriety, I have avoided it like the plague.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Cheap L-Glut

On the positive side, I have heard from some ohter MWO members that L-Glut is available IN BULK at Wal-Mart! Can you believe it? I can't, but I will have to go and check it out. I will be sure to avoid the deodorant aisle, though! (I suppose the trophy wives would use the expensive deodorant, right?)

Back to the conv. about Trader Joe's, while you're there avoiding the $2 Chuck, check out their Blueberry Pomegranate Green Tea as a very good alternative beverage to AL. It even looks kinda like wine when your pour it in the glass. And it's $1.49! (my hubby thought the bottle was a 40-ouncer of beer when he saw it in the bag, tho! LOL)

Comment

I was a trophy wife

No you shut up Dolly!!! lol
                        Accountable People are pigs and never cease to amaze me. Just when I think I have seen it all
                        someone does the unthinkable.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Cso4, I have found a problem trying to find other things to drink besides water I will check that
                          tea out.

Biscuit

Comment

I was a trophy wife

EWWWW I get my deodarant at WalMart. I'm scared!

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Biscuit, I am a big water drinker, but by dinner I want something else. I like La Croix seltzer water; they come in different flavors butI usually buy the lemon. I also did AF beer last weekend and that was not bad either. I'm not much for sweet drinks so fruit juice isn't going to do it for me. I could also join the kids and have good ol' milk. I think it helps to have something "special" in place of the AL; a lot of people put theirs in their wine glass too.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

I bought Carrot juice thinking that would be nice and healthy, nastttttty! Decide that is gonna have
                                to go in soup or something. bleech! So far lots of tea, water, water, water, water. I found
                                that I do not like the flavor of diet coke without vodka.
                                Biscuit

Comment

Working...
                                X