I was a trophy wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a trophy wife

Oh GEEPERS CREEPERS, you've got to be kidding me about the deoderant! Now that's exactly what I'd expect from Walmart shoppers. That's why I shop at Target.

How are you doing No Ma'am? I hope Day 2 is treating you well. We're here for you!

Sun
    Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

SunDaisy, I am a Target gal too!

Biscut

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Sniff - I'venever been a trophy anything.... sniff.

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Hey I don't mean to be pissed at somebody recogonizing a problem but lay off Wal-Mart and thinking your too good for it. It provides alot of jobs for people who are losing them in other sectors of our economy...that would be my dad who lost a high paying job and could only get a job at wal-mart and worked his way to a store manager. So for all of you slamming wal-mart you should be ashamed of yourself because they provide jogs to people who might down on there luck...hmmm maybe people like us who have struck out soo many times from our drinking they might be the only to hire people like us who are looking for a second chance in life...ask my dad he has hired some people who came from alcohol and drug problems and saw them become managers and build a new life for themselves...so please lay off the wal-mart slamming!! Let's just fix our issues and get ourselves heading in the right direction than make fun of other people who shop or might work at wal-mart...just my thoughts!

Comment

I was a trophy wife

We're just joking. It takes the edge off not drinking.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Exactly, if you can't find some humor in this you're in trouble.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

I hear ya Viking but at the same time Wal-Mart has been found guilty of some pretty unsettling management practices. There have been several independent studies showing Target actually has lower prices. I'm not fond of Sam Walton's business practices, they are not my style at all.....however if they have helped you and your family I respect that. I just have a feeling you and yours could have made it anywhere if you climbed the ladder at Wal-Mart.....just my 2cents :l
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Well I don't mean to stir up the pot...but I feel that misinformed people who believe the media and the internet for there source of information is blind to truth...Target business practices are no less different than Wal-Mart's or any retail business. I do not work at Wal-Mart but many ppl on this forum might or have family does...so joking beside....don't make statements about a line of work or a class of ppl who shop there...that attitude is wrong and immoral..this is a place for us to help eachother...there are tons of sites were you can spout of about your gripes with Wal-Mart..Target..whoever..McDonald's you name it..your local gas station for all i know...whining and complaining doesn't get a person anywhere...actually doing something does!!!

Comment

I was a trophy wife

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine;350955 wrote: I hear ya Viking but at the same time Wal-Mart has been found guilty of some pretty unsettling management practices. There have been several independent studies showing Target actually has lower prices. I'm not fond of Sam Walton's business practices, they are not my style at all.....however if they have helped you and your family I respect that. I just have a feeling you and yours could have made it anywhere if you climbed the ladder at Wal-Mart.....just my 2cents :l
                    Where is your two cents about GM..Ford...Toyota..Target..McDonald's...A local mom and pop store...a business makes money...they provide jobs....if your going to point out one business than you better expose all of them...no business that answers to Wallstreet has the best business practices to think otherwise would mean your living in a dream world!! and yet again the focus should be on us getting past our addicition and not a war on social class status because some ppl can't stand ppl at wal-mart or wal-mart in general or ppl who shop there...GROW-UP!!!

Comment

I was a trophy wife

..... may we relax a little here? .....

Comment

I was a trophy wife

:lalala:

"Wal-Mart, what's that? Do they, like, make walls there?"
                        -- Paris Hilton
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Hey Viking - it's only a bit of fun this thread. Look at the original title. Some of us need a bit of a diversion to get through the struggle. And if you were to talk to all the people who posted and asked them about their real and honest views and knowledge about Walmart v other retail outlets, the business models of other major US companies and their views on the US social structure for real you would probably find that they are way more informed than they come across here. Sometimes people just throw a couple of lines down into a fun thread to keep it light.

The focus IS for us getting past our addiction - this is why we are here. But while we are here we sometimes get distracted, have a bit of fun, blow off steam, indulge in some irreverence and all that. Anyone who really wants to focus on their addiction fully on these boards, has the choice of not reading or posting on threads they don't like.

Maybe if you want this issue properly debated you could start another, more serious thread and ask for people's views and be able to get your own, obviously informed and heart felt view across in a calm and persuasive way in the right environment.

Bessie xx

Comment

I was a trophy wife

I think I'm in love with Bessie.

Comment

I was a trophy wife

Thank you Bessie for untangling this misunderstanding. Whew!
                              Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Working...
                              X