Already anxious!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already anxious!

Is it to soon to fall of the wagon? I mean it's Friday! Who would make day one on a Friday, right? But wait, think about it. Picture this: It's early Saturday morning and I didn't drink the day before. I remember the entire day as soon as I wake up! I feel really good about myself and can already start looking forward to Sunday morning. I'll really feel great on Monday morning as it will be the start of day four instead on the usual day one. Yeah. Right now a sober Monday seems about 100 years away. Can I really do this? My heart is pounding right now. Did I just make myself a promise that is impossible to keep? And worse, didn't I just make a big announcement that I wouldn't drink anymore? Good God I regret this. Is that bad? I'm afraid I can't go through with this. Does that make ME bad? Focus. Focus. Think Saturday morning. Saturday. Satuuuuuurrrdaaaay. ODAT (now that I know what it means) suddenly has a very omminous ring to it. Do you realize how LONG a day can actually be? DO YOU?

Already anxious!

"I do" remember Saturday now. I remember My beautiful daughter (6) jumping on me and saying daddy "I love you so much" make a promise to yourself and KEEP it. There is no greater life than one free of addiction.
    Love cap

Comment

Already anxious!

Thank you Jack.

Comment

Already anxious!

Hey, ma'am. Have you had a chance to download the book? It's an easy read, and it might occupy your brain for a few minutes and give you some hope. I'm doing the whole program, and so far, it's working for me.

Good luck! And hey...WalMart rawks.

Comment

Already anxious!

trust me.....break the promise to yourself and what you will have in the morning is a hangover....feel like shit emotionally too....you think you are anxious now? it will be tens times worse. I am day 2 today....yesterday was rough. have you started the supps? arm yourself with what it takes to be sucessful....u can do this
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Already anxious!

Hi! You've got, what I call, "The Committee" playing games in your head. It's so hard to think clearly when all those beasty mind games are rolling. It must take a while to get clear/get control but I am certain that it can be accomplished.... this is your life and the life you share with your family: your future. This is the voice of hindsight speaking here.
            After a thousand false starts, I just began taking antabuse: a low dose, but enoough to keep me AL. I feel great. I can handle stress without stress!! And just this morning, still under the covers, stretching like a cat and feeling simply fine, the idea crossed my mind..."Hey, next week, the house is all mine, If I don't take the pill by Friday I can get 2 bottles of champagne and get drunk! Whopee. I jumped right up and took the damn pill. What garbage!!
            So, you're not bad: just human. For awhile there I did OHAT one hour minute by minute. Deep, slow breathing really does help and a distraction. I actually ate a spoonful of wasabi while reaching for the corkscrew. By the time I recovered the urge to drink was gone!!
            Hang in there, do anything but don't drink!! xxx g.

Comment

Already anxious!

Gelgit, you nutcase ......... I almost spewed my coffee over my desk full of legal documents ......... wasabi......... I am laughing so hard I hope the phone doesn't ring. Oh.......... that was funny........ How long did it take you to get your sight back? LOL.
              Noma'am, as you can see we folks here are serious.............ly looney. Just do whatever it takes. Download the book off the net, draw a nice warm bath, go for a walk, do some graffiti or anything that comes to mind, that will take your mind off taking that next drink. It's ok to do OHAT, as one can only deal with the present and leave tomorrow until it too becomes the present.
              I read your other post and you have a wonderful sense of humour, you'll fit right in.
              Again, welcome to you and let us know how you are doing.
              xoxox Lori
              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Already anxious!

I agree with these nutty people. But the wasabi might be a bit severe ?!?!?!? Ha ha!!!! How long before you could even breath, Gelgit???? I think that would have given me a heart attack!!! Hmmm...... puts me in mind for sushi tonight!!
                How about running outside with a skipping rope???
                Try some L-glut why not? Have you got some? Anything to help with the craving??
                Have you some ideas for alternate beverages??? I have really have become quite fond of AF beer - I've been drinking the O'doule Amber - it's really pretty good - I've even started to prefer it over real beer, as I don't get all drunk and hurting in my head. I've actually decided I don't like beer-drunks! They really are not very pleasant!!!
                Hang in there - you will be sooooo happy you did come saturday morning!!!
                xoxo Peanut

Comment

Already anxious!

Noma'me,

Do you exercise at all? I have found that to be one of the biggest tools that has helped me. I know..... sounds too simple. Maybe it is, but it works for me! I dont know where you live, but it's hot as heck where I am and WAAY to hot to run during the day unless I want to pass out at the end of the street. So I've been doing runs right at sunset, which is something I cannot do if I've been drinking. Its hard getting those running shoes on and getting out the door, but once I'm out and start that jog.... its wonderful! I'm getting in better shape than I've been in a long time and hubby said last night that my legs were looking "really good"... so that was incentive enough to keep it up! Besides, the biggest reward is that after you run in the evenings, it really kills most all desire to drink. I still have a little bit of the "committee chatter" as Lorisunshine calls is to deal with, but honestly, a glass of ice cold lemonade truly hits the spot! And I'm losing some pounds without all those wine calories at night and revving up my metabolism instead!

Okay, off my exercise soapbox. If you cannot exercise, I would make a plan to do something that you normally would not do because of drinking, but is something you either miss doing, or would love to start but never have because of alcohol. Sitting around dwelling on what you are missing is a sure fire way to fall off the wagon! Think of all that you are gaining by skipping it just for tonight.

Good luck!
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Already anxious!

Prest,
                    I am an excersise fanatic. Although, for as hard as I work it's not enough to combat the alcohol calories. However, now that I enjoy drinking in the morning/afternoon so much (depends how early I can get to Wal-Mart), I haven't moved a muscle in about 10 days! I'm sure that isn't helping my anxiety. Today, although not drinking (please don't drink, please don't drink), I am to busy sitting in my ill-fitting underpants in front of the computer to excersise!
                    P.S. The weather here is only a few degrees cooler than the surface of the sun!

Comment

Already anxious!

are ya having fun yet??? stick around you may pass up the bottle long enough to say you made it a hole 24 hours! they give chips at AA as a reward you know...sobriety is hard work..sweat and a lot of tears. Inner balance takes a long time. Hang on for the ride..its really something you will never forget...:H

Comment

Working...
                      X