Larry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry

I have been drinking to excess of late mainly binge drinking. My story would be familiar to others I guess. All of my friends drink. I have recently started playing golf and after the games have been drinking to excess. I would like some support and tips on how to moderate my drinking. It is effecting my health.
    :thanks:

Larry

Hi Larry, welcome to the Board. This is the perfect place to help you stop, or learn to moderate. The support and the people here are really great. Have you checked out the supps yet? They do work in helping and repairing; there is also the book to download. For me, I found my best way to come here and read and post, you definetely are not alone.

Comment

Larry

Welcome Larry,You will find it much easier to Kick the Alcohol when you have the support of so many others who are doing the same thing.We have the BEAST OUT NUMBERED HERE...Stay close and you will get tons of help.Can not advise on what to do around GOLF???I could not be near AL right now.Golf can not be as important as SOBERIETY>...Evie
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Larry

Just wanted to welcome you. I agree with the above. you have come to a great place for support. Read the book, it will help you decide where to start. I never thought I could make it this far, but with the help from this site I am 54 days AF.

Comment

Larry

I had same problem with football, rugby , golf an pub quizzes basically all those people went for a lot of alcohol either before , during and after.

Best advice is play with people who don't go for alcohol after playing or go home make a coffee and sit down and either analyse your round or what some kinda gold instructional video.

Comment

Larry

Hey man, I understand as a Marine that is about all we do on our down time, especially once we got back from Iraq. But, it's getting out of hand and I know I need to pull back on the reigns. I had to kick my girlfriend out (well ex now) because she hocked alot of my stuff while I was over there to buy her booze. I have to get away from all of it. I don't golf but we play football and after our games, we can float a keg in not time so it's going to be a hard habit to break, but one I know I have to do. My career depends on it. Just know you are not alone.

Comment

Larry

Larry,

I understand what you are going through. The 19th hole can be tough. If you can, just decide that you won't have any AL afterwards. If you have a tough time explaining it to your partners tell them that you want to go to the range to practice the rough parts of the game you just played. And do it. It can do nothing but help your game. As for other days, try and go AF for a while and decide if you can moderate (if you want to) or just stop all together. Once you have a stretch of AF days you will be able to reflect on your drinking habits and make a clearer more "sober" decision. Let us know how you are! Gabby.
              Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Larry

You have come to the right place, help can be found here. I would avoid golf if that is a trigger or
                tempation for you right now. Stay close, and post everyday.

Biscuit

Comment

Larry

Welcome Larry and congratulations on making your first post, keep posting and you will soon be a newbie no longer. You have made a huge step, you will now never ever be alone, there is always someon here. This place is magical.

Lx
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Larry

Cadence;350707 wrote: Hey man, I understand as a Marine that is about all we do on our down time, especially once we got back from Iraq. But, it's getting out of hand and I know I need to pull back on the reigns. I had to kick my girlfriend out (well ex now) because she hocked alot of my stuff while I was over there to buy her booze. I have to get away from all of it. I don't golf but we play football and after our games, we can float a keg in not time so it's going to be a hard habit to break, but one I know I have to do. My career depends on it. Just know you are not alone.
                    I was a Squid on submarines in the early 70's. Drinking exessively was sport. And excess is putting it mildly. In todays Navy if you come aboard tipsy more than a few times they send you to AA. No kidding. How do the Marines handle excessive drinking now?

Comment

Larry

Larry;350627 wrote: I have been drinking to excess of late mainly binge drinking. My story would be familiar to others I guess. All of my friends drink. I have recently started playing golf and after the games have been drinking to excess. I would like some support and tips on how to moderate my drinking. It is effecting my health.
                      :thanks:
                      :welcome: Larry I'm sorta :new: too. Try at least 30 days AF and then see if you can have one or two. Then you will have an idea regarding moderation. I can't moderate so I'm just staying AF. It was not that hard once I accepted it.

Comment

Working...
                      X