A Newbie! Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Newbie! Please help!

Sweetnell: This site has helped me tremendously in the year that I've been here. I was drinking a lot almost daily, & since I joined in Apr. 07, I've had many fewer drinking days. Please come here & share & read on a daily basis if you can. You don't have to live w/daily drinking. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

A Newbie! Please help!

Hi sweetnell and welcome! I too have been here at MWO for about a year. There have been ups and downs but I sure have been sober a WHOLE lot more this past year than in previous years!! (was a daily drinker)

I cannot drink. I just can't handle it. There is no "just one" for me. I really knew that in my heart all along, but being the stubborn sort, I guess I had to test it a few more times! I feel at peace lately just knowing that the right choice for me will always be NO NO NO when it comes to drinking. So...if abstinence is what you want, you can sure find your way to that here. There are many success stories WAY ahead of us on this path.

Best wishes!!

DG
      Celebrating 36 Hangover Free Days in a row!!
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

A Newbie! Please help!

Hi Sweetnell! Welcome to MWO!!!! I joined in April of this year. I had a rocky start but have been AF since June 1. Started the program whole heartedly then with the 30 day AF. I am almost there. My goal at first was to try to moderate. I am enjoying being AF and I am scared to try to drink again. I am afraid I will sink back into the habit of up to two bottles of wine per night.

If it weren't for the people here on this sight, I would not be where I am. Everyone is at different stages of their journey, but all of our stories are very similar. We are all fighting the same beast. Everyone is extremely supportive. As in life, the long-term members here are wise and wonderful and quick to give excellent advice from personal experience.

The Book gives you a road map to follow and the supplements are very helpful. We are all here to help, come here often. It truly helps get you through the tough times. You can do this!!

Shelby
        "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

A Newbie! Please help!

Hi all,
          My package with supplements, book, etc. arrived on Friday. There was still Jack Black in the house, so I did indulge on Friday and Saturday night. Now there is no alcohol in the house. I've taken the supplements for three days now and do find that I feel much better. Has anyone had any experience with Topamax? The side effects sound awful.

Comment

A Newbie! Please help!

I am so glad that u r here. I come from a long line of alcoholics, and, yes I fear for my children. This is the toughest battle that I will ever have to face, but face it, I must. I did it before. I was AF for many years, got divorced, starting drinkin again. It has been a constant struggle since then. I know that we can all help each other.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

A Newbie! Please help!

Sweetnell,
              I'll echo what all others have said, WELCOME! to one of the best sites for working on this issue.
              The support on here is truely amazing. When I started out, I was on here just aobut 24/7! I so wanted to overcome my battles with ALice! And, thanks to this site, I found out I can do it, and so can you!
              Keep posting..even if you slip...lots of people to lend you a hand and bring you back up!
              Stay Strong!
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Working...
              X