Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderating does not mean playing catch up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take it from me!

After 12 days without alcohol, I decided to have a few glasses of wine, which turned into a few (or more) bottles over the past weekend. NOT GOOD. Maybe moderating isn't for me, which is a bummer because I'd really like to be able to be a social drinker.

But I do know that I need to kick this problem to the curb. Yesterday was horrible. Mondays are bad enough as it is. What I did learn was that I don't want to have to start over with Day 1 again. Twice is hard enough. No more. Today is better and tomorrow will be even better yet.

Thanks to all of you who support and understand me, you are my family here!

Sun
    Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

SunDaisy, you're right, Mondays are hard enough. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I tried several times to moderate and it was'nt for me. Never give up and never think of yourself as a failure. No one says you have to start counting at one again, 12 days is a big deal. Just consider this a bump in the road and take what you need as far as a learning experience and keep on going. Yes, tomorrow will be even better and the next and the next. We are all here for you and understand. A big hug amd strenght to you.

Comment

Thanks Kat for the words of encouragement, it certainly helps to have the support of my MWO family!
      Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Sundaisy, learning to moderate is very hard, the willpower you have to have is amazing.
        I went to last week feeling hung-over and it was horrid, I just can't do that anymore. Trying to keep up was almost impossible. I have not done it since.
        You're right you don't have to start over, you just continue on.
        All the best to you my friend.

Comment

yes just keep on keeping on you are doing a great job..learn read and just do what you have to
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

SunDaisy;352374 wrote: Take it from me!

After 12 days without alcohol, I decided to have a few glasses of wine, which turned into a few (or more) bottles over the past weekend. NOT GOOD. Maybe moderating isn't for me, which is a bummer because I'd really like to be able to be a social drinker.

But I do know that I need to kick this problem to the curb. Yesterday was horrible. Mondays are bad enough as it is. What I did learn was that I don't want to have to start over with Day 1 again. Twice is hard enough. No more. Today is better and tomorrow will be even better yet.

Thanks to all of you who support and understand me, you are my family here!

Sun
            Been there done that too. Once you realize you cannot moderate you know what you have to do.

Comment

Hi Sun, sorry to hear you are having such a rotten time trying to mod.

Hoping the rest of your week is AF and full of smiles and giggles:-)
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
              X