What will you do with the wine $$$ you save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everybody, today I started thinking about the money I'm saving by not buying massive quantities of wine. This is ODAT strategy for this day, since I'm having MAJOR cravings -- think about the money I'm saving and what it could be used for instead. I figure that even if you buy a fairly cheap bottle of decent white wine nearly every day (I never could stand the very cheapest stuff that tastes like gasoline, or what I imagine gasoline might taste like if I was ever crazy enough to taste it), then you're probably spending anywhere from 60-100 dollars a week. What will you do with an extra 240-400 dollars a month? I could:
    * Start a new "AF" savings account
    * Donate to a local alcohol rehab. group
    * Take my husband out to a great dinner (not worry so much about calories since I'm saving several hundred of those by not drinking wine)
    * Buy a new dress that will look better on me the longer I've stopped drinking
    * Fill up my gas tank ($4.27 a gallon in my part of the world right now!)
    * Rent a great movie and STAY AWAKE for the whole thing rather than doze off in
    a booze-induced slumber
    WHAT WILL YOU ALL DO (OR HAVE YOU DONE) WITH THE MONEY YOU SAVE?

well then all that's left is women and song ! Ha! IAD!
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well today is no 2 for me Astraia. I feel great this morning and when I woke up I thought mmm I,m going start saving money without drinking. Today I am going to buy some paint to make my kitchen look different. Bright red!!!! A bit game but what the heck. Here we go day 2!!!

Comment

Buy a house.
        Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

I bought a new beautiful couch for our livingroom...a new deluxe playhouse for my little girl
          And we are now working on a new TV

Comment

With no wine then women and song !!! Ha1
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Astraiaj,

I bought a slightly used Honda S2000.

AND the payments are actually less than the money I was spending. So, I have also added a monthly pedicure.

Hubby keeps talking 401K. I just laugh. :H

It is a whole lot more fun than being blacked out, hung over and stupid.

Yay!!

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Buy a tank of gas! HA!
                Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

I just bought a new sofa and love seat for $2000. I have never spent that kind of money without his consent, but I know he thinks we don't need any new furniture. We can afford this. I think I am entitled to re-decorate once or twice in our lifetime marriage. So maybe if I explain to him that this is wine money....
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I quess I'll need to find my gas can soon !!! Ha! IAD!
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD - where did you get my photos......
                      The money I have saved I have spent on cake...cake....and more cake....refer the sugar caffeine thread!
                      Those photos were before my the cake addiction....
                      BH (no more)

Comment

Paint - paint - and more paint. I can't get it out of my hair!!!
                        Back to my painting!! One more coat and another room is done!
                        Peanut

Comment

IM going to start putting mine away so that I can take me and my daughters on a lovely holiday next year, if I can really stay off the booze and eventually pack in smoking Im hoping for the Caribbean

First things first though, I need to sort out a few bills I have neglected over the last few months, couldnt pay those but could always find money for wine, I have just realised how utterly stupid I had become.

Comment

I figure that I am saving at least $6,000 a year (that's not counting what I drink when we go out to dinner). I will spend my savings on golf gear, flowers, plants for outside, paint, a new bookcase I have been really wanting but now will order! Mmmm, that won't even equal the $6,000. What else can I buy???
                            Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

I was just thinking about this, Well....first I bought a bike and then paid for liposuction under my chin. I decided if my neck and chin still looked full after 30 days AF then I was going for it. Glad I did, day two of recovery and already looks great. Day 50 AF and never looking back !

Comment

Working...
                              X