Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Chick

Hi All,

I'm new here having just read "My Way Out" . . .it seems reasonable and I have an appointment with a doctor on Monday to talk about this, but I'm scared beyond belief, but I'm also anxious because I'm so sick of the life I am leading and living like I'm in a fog all the time. I'm a total bitch a lot of the time and hate my life when I've been drinking. On the rare days when I haven't, my attitude totally changes and I feel completely "on point". I feel helpless over this, but yet AA is not an option (the last time I went, I ran into a co-worker and it was humiliating for both of us) - not to mention, that my schedule just doesn't allow it now that my husband works two jobs . . . I have to be home. So, I spiral. Work, home, drink, sleep. Work, home, drink, sleep . . . I'm soooo tired.

New Chick

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

New Chick

Welcome to the board first of all.
      Drinking can damage you in more ways than you; your body, your mind..it turns your way of thinking into a thick fog. I have never been to AA, but I have had great success with this site and all the lovely people here. The support is truly wonderful, and I have nothing but good things to say.
      It can be a vicious cycle, and breaking the habit will not be an easy one.
      But, we are all here to help and support you.
      So, welcome and stay a while.

Comment

New Chick

Keep it up and cont. to post !!!Ha! IAD!
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

New Chick

Tropixchick,

:welcome:

Yes, I know that spiral all too well. It is horrible.

I hope you find what you need here to help. I have. My life is transformed. It took a long time, a very long time but it finally is.

Good luck and keep on checking in, asking questions, and sharing.

Cindi

ps I go to AA but get more help here than there.
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

New Chick

Welcome Tropixchick. Sounds like you are on a bad ride and ready to get off. That's a good thing your ready to get off the ride. It won't be easy. But remember it's really not all that fun in the long to keep riding.......

Comment

New Chick

Welcome tropix, Im just starting out too, the best thing I have found so far is the fact that I dont actually hate myself every morning now and Im looking forward to the future aswell

Good luck.

Comment

New Chick

Hello Tropixchick! Welcome to MWO.....I think the Doctor is a great place to start as it makes it feel all the more real...talking about it will share your load a little...Well done you for taking that step, brver than me!!!! I wish you all the luck and i think you will make friends here to chat to when you need some support. Post again ..lots of love, Bella xxx

Comment

New Chick

Hi

Also welcome - only been here a few weeks myself - it's been great for me and I'm sure will be for you.
                  Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

New Chick

Omigod. That's HILARIOUS

Comment

New Chick

Thanks.

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. To all of you - hang in there as well. I know it's not easy. Keep looking up.:new:

Comment

Working...
                      X