I won't but I want to!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't but I want to!

God I want to drink. I want to drink lots of alcohol to relieve this boredom and lack of motiviation and just liven things up. Today is day seven with no alcohol and I still look like crap and that pisses me off. I need gratification from staying sober and I'm not getting it and I want to quit. I won't. I won't drink but damn it I really want to. I think I've pooped my pants.

I won't but I want to!

i got to day 6 last week and gave in....others here say it gets better after the first 6-7days...im on day 3 again and getting restless and anxious...i guess we need to think about why we are doing this and calm ourselves down...last week i knew if i drank i would get shitcanned, which i did, felt like shit the next day and got even more drunk the next night...tues was such an awful day...i had convinced myself i could control it but i couldn't...you should try to keep going....make a tasty drink of something else...juice and sprite....eat some carbs maybe you are just craving sugar...i really have no idea what to tell you but do you really want to be hungover tomorrow????
    dove

Comment

I won't but I want to!

Do something special to take care of YOU ASAP girl! Pedicure, facial, workout...something along those lines and you will see the difference. Try some L-Glut and deep breaths, you have a lot to be proud of!
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

I won't but I want to!

Well, I guess pooping your pants wont make ya feel so good. Go take a shower and wash the crap off, curl up with a good book/movie, and take some deep breaths. It took you how long of ingesting AL to make you feel and look like shit? It's going to take some time off AL to make you look and feel better too. I quit (well, actually one a day) cigarettes 11 days ago. I look in the mirror and scream, "Shouldn't that fucking wrinkle be gone by now!!!!" Healing takes time.
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I won't but I want to!

I usually need a drink for motivation, too. Last night I was looking at the kids' pool which needed emptying and cleaning, and I thought "I'll have a drink first, then I'll feel like doing it". But it was day two of AF, so I had some iced tea and did it anyway. I need to retrain those ideas so badly! Tuesday night I could have literally killed myself. I got so drunk that I woke up (barely), stumbled to the toilet and threw up all over. I hardly remember it, but my arms are scratched and I must have hit my neck on the toilet because my trachea is all sore. I'm lucky I didn't die from chocking on my vomit, as I barely woke up. I'm just so grateful my 15 year old daughter wasn't home to see this and my boys were sound asleep. I thanked God all day for keeping me alive. It scared the crap out of me, so much so that I happily didn't drink the last two days. Had a tough time sleeping last night but am going to keep plugging as long as I can, and if I slip, I'll keep trying It took a long time to build this habit, I expect it will take some time to break it I don't want to die this way.
          I love reading all your posts, I don't feel alone anymore
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

I won't but I want to!

Yes - I can relate to boredom . . . . I've been told that change of routine helps . . . . being the lazy person I am I can't say I've actively worked on that but I can totally see how it can help . . . . hang on it there and keep logging on.

Px
            Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Working...
            X