to all the newbies !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to all the newbies !

I am very chuffed with myself .... today is my 30th AF day !!!

I chose to share it with you guys, because believe me, if someone like me can accomplish that, you CERTAINLY can.

I don't know if everyone has these two little voices inside their head ? Well, the "WHO GIVES A TOSS" one kept saying 'you'll never do this, why bother ?' and the one I call " THE PAIN" kept saying ' here we go again, if you don't try, how will you know ? You keep listening to TOSSER and look where that's got you !" So, the PAIN won. Though TOSSER has been present every day, muttering away. lol, especially in the beginning - think he's sulking now !

If you started with the best of intentions and fell by the wayside, it does'nt matter, just pick yourself up, start again, and this time - keep on telling yourself "I can do this, I CAN do this." TOSSER thought I could'nt ...... but I could !!!! ( and I have drunk wine, everynight for the past 30 years!)

Much Success
    Bless
    Mary :l

to all the newbies !

:goodjob: Mary
    Congratulations on 30 days AF!!!!!! You once talked about a pair of New Black Shoes in a post. I think you should go buy your self a new pair of animal print shoes to celebrate!!! Or red shoes!!!!! WAY TO GO, lady!

I am right behind Mary I am at 27 days! AF! I, too drank for many years. I have been drinking wine almost nightly for the last 9-10 years, 1-2 bottles per night, and beer on the weekends. AL was always in my life, having grown up in an alcoholic home and being married to an alcoholic for 22 years the first time around. When I got divorced is when my own drinking increased.

To all the Newbies. I agree with everything Mary said. Your success will depend on which voice you give strength to. AL is strong and uses the TOSSER voice well. You need to be the PAIN in your own life and listen to the better voice. Be strong and you will succeed. There are a lot of wise people here to support you. We are all at different stages of our journey and there is always someone that has just the thing you need to hear when you are having a bad go.

I know this is long, but I am so amazed at the success I have had, that I can't contain my enthusiasm. I want all of those who are just starting to know that those first scary days will pass and you will begin to feel better. You will feel peace, happiness and calm replace the shame, guilt and self-doubt.

Thanks for starting this thread Mary!!! Here's to another 30 AF days!!!!

Shelby
    "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

to all the newbies !

Awesome job!!

Comment

to all the newbies !

Absolutely brilliant - well done Red Wine - your thoughts are like my thoughts - are we all so very similar?? - and Shelby congratulations to you as well on your 27th - I'm heading into evening 25 tonight and like you, also have been drinking a bottle of wine for years although in the last six years I have stopped for very long periods of time but have always (intentionally) gone back - Red Wine - I am sooooo pleased for you ............ have a wonderful wonderful weekend x
        Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

to all the newbies !

:wd::dancin::disco::woot:

Feels good don't it?????

(day 27 for me)
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

to all the newbies !

:thumbs:

well done,, keep it going

:groupluv:

:crowned:

:bling:

grouptrophy:
            there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

to all the newbies !

WTG RED WINE!!!!

::award::waving::cheering:roud::huggy

You DID IT!!! Sorry, I had to put up all the silly little happy guys!! WOOHOOO ok, now my turn! Thank you for showing myself and all of us that it can be done!!

:l
              Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

to all the newbies !

RED WINE!!!!! We must be kindred spirits - by now, I think 1/2 my blood must be red wine!!! Funny, I've had so much of it, in recent drunks, I've actually had to force the nasty shit down my throat on occasion to get all the way drunk. Sometimes WHILE gagging. Sexy, huh?

Day 25 for me. freeeeeeedoooooooom!!!!!!!

Way to go!!!!! We know what an accomplishment 30 days is, like no one else does. You did this; you can do anything! Tell red wine to eff off and die!!!

Comment

to all the newbies !

Red wine

Congrats on 30 days AF.

I completely understand when you talk about the 2 voices.

I have fallen off track too and I will be taking your advice that I can.

Again well done.

Comment

to all the newbies !

JMT;353879 wrote: ::award::waving::cheering:roud::huggy

You DID IT!!! Sorry, I had to put up all the silly little happy guys!! WOOHOOO ok, now my turn! Thank you for showing myself and all of us that it can be done!!

:l
                    I miss your doggie pic...

Comment

to all the newbies !

Hi Dolly,
                      I know but look at this cat, isn't it cute! LOL
                      Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

to all the newbies !

Ha!

Comment

to all the newbies !

Red Wine!!!!! Hurray!!!!

Woo-Hoo!!! 30 Days!!!!! Those two little voices - they're there in the morning, they're there when I go to bed. But the winner is?!?!?!? You are sooooo right - if you don't try, how will you ever know if you can do it???
                          How about a nice snazzy pair of snake skin shoes (fake of course, real ones would be cruel!!!)

Day 27 for me too in the AF June - Day 30 - here I come!!!!

xoxox Peanut

Comment

to all the newbies !

THANK YOU !

Thank you all so much for your messages - I could not have done it without spending so much time here, and feeling connected to what others were going through.

LOL Shelby, you remembered about the shoes !! that was a bad night.

Congratulations - Shelby, Patricia, LVT, Larisa and Peanut, you're all on the home run now ! (deff no snakeskin shoes Peanut ! - I hate snakes lol)

JMT - thanks for the parade my friend !

Dolly, Kaddy and Lotus - your support means a lot

Mary x

Comment

to all the newbies !

Mary: Congratulations! Look in on the 30 day forum's daily thread. It's really great, & I know you'd add a lot to it. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X