Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I accidentally made it to day 5!

Hello all,
    I'm not sure what is happening, if it's the CD's, my own willpower, or just the fact that I accidentally almost killed myself last Tuesday night (major drinking, barely woke up in time to throw up, almost choking, etc.). I woke up in the morning with the most incredible hangover. I had listened to the CD's a few times, but this time I threw my headphones on and decided it had to work. Each day I thought, well, maybe I'll have one tonight. Instead I talked myself into trying one more day. And then one more day, and another. I never really understood those words before "one day at a time", but in my case it is helping. This morning when I listened to the hypnotic, I actually felt "swept away". Throughout the day those positive statements keep running through my head. I know I have a longggggg way to go, but want to tell you all that even if the CD's don't work completely to cure me, they sure are good at helping you put positive thoughts into your head.
    When I got so sick the other night, I somehow cut my left wrist, probably crashing against the dresser on my way to be sick. I have a big gash there and I wish it would stay there forever. It reminds me of how close I came to really doing myself in. I bought a pretty bracelet for that wrist yesterday that says "Hope Lives in Your Heart". I feel happy looking at it, and hopeful for the first time in a long, long time...
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

What a wonderful encouraging post. Sounds like you have the right mindset to get five more days in and then another five and then so on. Good job!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Great for you!!!! Keep taking it one day at a time.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Great for you river, keep on doing the good thing.
        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

River, that is absolutely wonderful!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

No accidental about it.

You did what you needed to do and will keep on doing it.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

thats awesome .. now take what you know and learn from it and you sounds like you know what you want ..so grab it hold it tight and never let it go..keep up the good work and stay positive.
              life only gets better
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Well done you River, bet you are feeling marvellous. Here's to another day.

Lx
                Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words ! It's an awesome feeling to get back on here and see how much everyone cares.
                  Evenings are very hard for me. At "Happy Hour" (5pm here) I was having some difficultly so I went and listened/slept to the clearing CD. I'm passed the "danger hour" now so should be okay til tomorrow. I have to keep reminding myself how wonderful I felt today. I went to Walgreen's for some vitamins I needed for the plan and found myself with a smile on my face.
                  I'm not saying I'm not thinking about it constantly. I probably am more than usual. Before I didn't worry about it because I knew at 5 I'd get to drink. Now I worry all day about 5 approaching, thinking "should I?" "I deserve it don't I?". Those voices ~ yikes! But still happy, tomorrow I'll be able to say "day 6!"
                  You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Hi River

Just keep on going ODAT and you'll get there - I'm initially here for the 30 days challenge but not sure where I'm going . . . . but historically it was the witchin hour that got me . . . . no matter what I decided in the morning, an unexplanable change of heart occurred every afternoon . . . . this site helped and it is only today (just about to go into my 28th evening) that I have just realised that the witchin hour doesn't mean anything to me at the moment . . . . UNBELIEVABLE . . . . so just keep logging on and reading and listening and I know it will help . . . . LOTS OF POSITIVE THOUGHTS WINGING YOUR WAY pX
                    Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

River!

This is just awsome news! Keep it up! Sooooooooooo positive!

Hugs, Best
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

U 2, Patricia! Amazing!

Hugs sent your way! Best
                        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Hi Best

Thanks for the encouragement - can't believe I've nearly made it - this time it was because I wanted to - not because I was scared - but I've only got this far because I've felt accountable even though everybody on this site are the least accountable people I've ever met - they are patient, understanding and friendly - but it works for me and I can't thank them enough - bit confused over where the future lies- guess it might be an attempt at moderation . . . . but I'm not thinking more than today for the time being . . . . . THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
                          Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Working...
                          X